1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Tarantino] Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 19, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jontro and K mf G like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tarantino just published a novel based on the film--published it as a mass market paperback

3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

400 pages? So, the first 350 are blank, then a bunch of stuff happens in the last 50...

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What they say? I'm not clicking and watching.

Jontro likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jontro and Blake like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tarentino said
    1. According to Stuntmen on the Green Hornet, Bruce didn't like them. the stunt dudes didn't like bruce cause he would make contact with them during the fight scenes instead of 'missing' and avoiding contact.
    2. He goes off on the character Brad Pitt plays saying he's suppose to be a badass killer who fought in the korean war. he explains the character's strategy against fighting Bruce. this character is fictional.
    3. He gets Bruce Lee's daughter's take but doesn't care about other peoples.

#206 tinman, Jun 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    King1 and Jontro like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

hate him or love him, rogan does a pretty good job in getting his guests to open up. also he's not a funny standup

King1 and tinman like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Did he kick Kareem then?
    [​IMG]

tinman likes this.
  9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i need to watch it again, but if i was ranking my favorite tarantino movies it would be at or near the bottom. the most impressive thing to me was the sets and scenery. he totally nailed the late 60's look and im assuming he didnt use CGI to do it.

the ending was kind of anti-climatic too, which was maybe the point. i was expecting a full-scale throw-down where manson and all his followers attacked the house instead of just the three of them. it seemed to be building up to much more than it was so when the movie ended i remember thinking "really, thats it???"

the bruce lee thing was odd too b/c it goes against who people say he actually was. they could have done a fictionalized version with a different name and it wouldnt have upset people so much.

10. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Tall order getting anything out of the notoriously mute Tarantino.

11. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Finally watched this last night. Got to say, while it was a bit slow, the writing was pretty damn good. I watched with absolutely no spoilers. Had no idea how it ended. So when it got towards the end, let’s just say I was dreading watching a pregnant woman get brutally murdered. I was totally surprised by the ending and loved it lol.

12. dmoneybangbang

I enjoyed it a lot but feel like it's a Tarantino movie with little replayability.

Bruce Lee part was perfect IMO.

Ziggy likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Not sure why, but it's the only movie of his (other than Death Proof) that I've never rewatched. I'll do that one of these nights and see how I feel about it the 2nd time.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. jo mama

first time i saw it i thought it was one of his weaker movies and i found the ending underwhelming. i enjoyed it much more on 2nd viewing. i cant explain why...maybe i understood what he was going for better in terms of it being a homage to old hollywood and the transition from that era to the 70's where the new generation started making films like chinatown, french connection, ect.

mikol13 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Better if you have the expectation of what it is… thus it is much better on re-watch.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Still the only QT movie I have never watched.

17. Buck Turgidson

Was going to watch it last night but naturally it's not streaming anywhere at the moment.

18. jo mama

the QT movie i need to rewatch is hateful 8. i remember it got some bad reviews or people complaining that 90% of the movie is in one room. i saw it when it came out and really liked it. i want to see if it holds up.

19. Buck Turgidson

If it wasn't long enough for you, there's an extended edition.

jo mama likes this.
  20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Starz. If you have prime there is a free week preview.