1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tanking until trade deadline does potential season ticket holders a dis-service

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie_king, Jul 5, 2012.

1. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Long thread title but as said tanking in hopes of landing Howard at the trade deadline is taking a gamble since he is already having back problems.

Granted the Magic are in disarray since they don't even have a coach and we're in the middle of july.

Realistically, Howard already takes a beating at center so I'm pretty sure he'll be taking nothing but cheap shots from opponents to slow him down and keep him off the backboard with rebounding, etc.

I can understand keeping expiring contracts in hopes of a potential crack-head deal kinda like the jerry west Pau Gasol trade, but those don't come around too often.

2. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Being perennial 'meh's does Season ticket holders a disservice.

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

All I know is if I'm a season holder I wouldn't be renewing as of right now for the first time in years.

4. ApuN

ApuN Member

The coming tank job is not on purpose

It's because of Morey's disastrous decisions that blew up this off season

5. LALaw

LALaw Member

I went to the draft party and considered getting season tickets (in the off chance we got Howard that day). Since then, I've seen nothing that tempts me to get the tickets.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I just hope we don't suck so bad for so long that Les decides to sell the team.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

IMO the Howard chase is done, and we're going 100% youngsters, cap room & draft picks. The writing is on the wall. At least we have a direction.

8. SacTown

SacTown Member

I like going to Rockets games whether they win or lose. I love the game of basketball and going to games is fun for me. Too bad the rest of you whiners are fair weather fans.

1 person likes this.
  9. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

In a different thread I read a number of season ticket holders saying they'll renew when the Rockets pick a direction, ie. rebuild or land a superstar.

So the Rockets picked a direction, they're rebuilding. How many of you season ticket holders are going to renew now? All talk huh?

10. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The magic are creating the perfect storm to make Howard request a trade.

I mean they resigned reddick and nelson and their management has made this decision before they even hired a head-coach.

It would make sense for the Magic to first hire a tenured, championship pedigree coach before deciding on their starting and back-up guards, but idk.

#PerfectStorm

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If you were really a season ticket holder you've have to renew before the end of the last season.

I renewed in April

12. LALaw

LALaw Member

What's wrong with being a fair weather fan? We throw that term around here all the time. Why spend hard earned dollars for a mediocre or losing team?

Then again, if you think rebuilding is preferable to being the 10th best team in the West, buy season tickets by all means. They are being discounted

13. RedRedemption

You're not a true fan.
    If you abandon the team then don't come back and reveille in the celebration afterwards.

14. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

yeah when we get the #1 draft pick next year i better not see your ass at the draft party

15. RedRedemption

HELL YEAH.

16. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Kinda hard for our fans to get used to our players, when they are being traded every other year

17. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I'm paid in full. I can't wait to watch teh suck.

18. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Of course season tickets are going to suffer. That's why Les didn't want to rebuild the traditional way. And he may not have given up on that dream. What really drives the Rockets' money machine are the corporate suites, however. Toyota Center is very nicely set up to make big bucks, whether there are fans in the seats or not. The Rockets can afford to rebuild, and I don't think attendance can get a whole lot worse than it was last year, anyway.

19. peavey99

peavey99 Member

If the nets own our first rounder next year, what good would it do to tank anyway, unless it is protected?

20. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Not that it likely matters, but Atlanta now has our pick.