1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Mac's Blog: It's been a busy summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abc2007, Aug 1, 2008.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

T-Mac's Blog: It's been a busy summer

http://www.t-mac.com/tmac/blogDetail/807

What’s up out there?

How’s everyone’s summer going? I’m enjoying the off-season even though I’ve been extremely busy. First off, I want to let you all know that the rehab for my shoulder and knee is going well. I’m working hard to get back and would say that I’m about 70% right now. I’m not playing basketball yet or running, but I’m doing on court agility work. I’m on pace to be ready for the season, and I gotta admit, I am VERY excited to get back on the court. Our team has made some great moves. I think drafting Joey Dorsey will add some size and toughness and signing Brent Barry was big for us too. Brent will be another leader out there and both of those guys help add to our team’s depth. The NBA season is such a grind that having depth like that is just so important. Also I am very excited about the Artest deal. It’s not finalized yet, but if and when it does go through it will be a huge boost for our club. Ron is such a great competitor and will bring so much to our team. I think we can really compete with the best now. It also makes you feel good about the team you play for when you see the organization doing everything in its power to improve the team. I hope everyone out there is just as excited as I am about the move. It’s also good to see Yao getting back on the court and I’m happy for him that he will be able to suit up for his country at the Olympics. I’ll be checking out the Olympics for sure and will keep a close eye on the basketball. You guys think USA is a lock for the gold or will there be upsets again like last time?

Other than basketball I’ve had a bunch of things going on to keep me busy. I took a Caribbean cruise with my family last month which was really fun and relaxing. I had to take it easy due to my rehab but we still enjoyed ourselves. Plenty of shopping, great restaurants, and time on the beach. What more could you ask for?

I also held my T-Mac Approach basketball camp in Houston at the end of June, which was a huge success. I really enjoyed seeing all the kids come out and hope everyone who participated had fun. After that I went to New York City for the 4th of July before heading to my hometown of Auburndale, Fl, to host my streetball tournament. It’s called What does it Take to be #1, and it has really grown over the last few years. It brings a lot of people in the community together and the level of play is pretty high too. It’s something I look forward to every year. After that was finished I held another basketball camp for kids in Polk County before spending a little time with some of my favorite campers up at Camp Chenawanda. Then I went out to LA to do a commercial shoot for Adidas for a couple of days. Look for that spot to hit the airwaves in the fall. After that I went to Miami with the boys for a week to relax and am in San Antonio with the family now….. Man, that’s a lot of moving around. I’m exhausted just thinking back on it all.

Anyways, my only trip left on the schedule will be to head out to Vegas on Labor Day weekend. I’m not a big gambler but I do love spending a few days out in the desert. The rest of time I will be focusing on rehabbing and also working on my film on Darfur. We are still working hard to spread the word about the crisis in Darfur and I’m trying to get other NBA players involved in my efforts. This issue is very close to my heart and I’m going to do everything I can to follow through on the commitment I made to those refugees last summer. I’ll let you guys know more about the project as it progresses.

Everyone out there have a great rest of the summer.

T-Mac

2. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

WOW 70%, pretty good. I can't wait to next season, and best of luck tmac ;)

3. dsounG

dsounG Member

Good update on what he was doing. I just hope to god that he comes into this up coming season HEALTHY and hope he stays that way until the next off season starts again.

Hahahah, Camp Chenawandaaaaaaaaaaa! :D

4. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

;) good luck TMac... We need you healthy... ;)

5. sook

sook Rookie

you dont even write this tmac! still you rock though :cool:

6. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

First of all it is good to hear his rehabilitation is going well. Looks like he is very excited about Brent, Ron and he know that next season is really time to step up not only for him, but for the whole team.

All we can wish for him is healthl, roster is just great now and if we stay healthly we can get it done.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

a friend's brother was in Cabo a few weeks back and said Tmac was there and Tmac was walking with a noticeable limp and that he was making out with some fugly chicks.

Now he says he has pics of him and tmac to validate the story I havent seen them but I got no reason to believe he would be lying since his brother who I am friends with was with him down there and said he heard people seeing tmac around but my friend didnt seem him personally.

take it fwiw

8. abita

abita Member

500 FTs per day, plz :mad:

9. mig0s

mig0s Member

Man it's good to see him relaxing and rehabing but somehow it seems like he's been lazy unlike Yao who started to train way earlier in the rehab. I know that he's ''TMAC and he doesn't have to improve anymore'' but how can we expect better in the next season from him if he doesn't train? Man at least I hope he stays healthy.

10. sook

sook Rookie

I can tell you right now i will be extremely disappointed if he roles out the deplorable FT shooting again :mad:

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Prepare to be disappointed. His FT shooting has declined every year since he came to Houston. It's only a matter of time before we hear him say things like "I make them when they count"

12. Albert Einstain

Man,i have never seen tamc at 100% once since he joined the rockets.I guess he will never be more than 80%. :p

13. csux

csux Rookie

LOL yeah right "love spend time at dessert"
    we know what vegas can offer when you don't like to gamble.
    wink wink