1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Super Bowl Predictions anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by asw, Oct 4, 2002.

1. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Green Bay vs. Oakland
    GB 21 OAK 20
    Favre pulls this one out late!
    "AND with the first pick in the 2003 NFL DRAFT the Houston Texans Select..."???

2. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Moe, Rich Gannon was god aweful yesterday.

That said he is among the best QBs in the AFC. He is no Farve or McNabb, but the Raiders are fortunate to have him.

I can't see why people are mentioning teams like the Jags (who have consistenty been going down hill since like 99, losing key players year after year) and the no-O Ravens (who also have lost a lot of their key defensive players). The Colts are not that good either but someone has to win by default. The Colts may even get a bye because of how easy their division is.

It looks like a Gruden-Raiders match up. The Bucs have the D that most resembles the old Ravens D (including the Ravens themselves--with or w/o Ray), and the Raiders have the thickest line-up overall. They really could use Woodson back at corner on D though.

3. Shotcaller

Shotcaller Member

miami over philly

4. asw

asw Member

I'll tell you why I mentioned the Jags... In my opening post in this thread, I mentioned that each of the past three years the eventual SB champion was a team almost everyone (except some (not all) fans from their home city) expected to suck. In the 1999 and 2000 seasons even the SB loser was expected to suck and not even make the playoffs. So, after four weeks, I wondered who might be the ridiculous surprise team from this year (if there is one, which there might not be). So, the Jags would be a ridiculous surprise, right? In each of those years with a stupid surprise (like the Rams going from 4-12 to SB champion) that surprise team, was no where near being considered by anybody after week four. That is why I started the thread. I wondered if anybody else had was now considering any teams that just would be a major surprise to everyone. And as you read the posts, you see other people are considering other surprise teams. Like the Saints, or Chiefs, or Chargers, or even the Browns.

Sure, I agree that the Jags, with all common sense being employed, should not even make the playoffs, but that could be said about the Rams and Titans from three years ago, the Ravens and Giants from two years ago, and the Patriots from last year. You know what I mean? It has just been crazy the last three years. I don't know if it will continue or not. It would be cool if it did, though, because then that means that we could possibly win or be in the SB next year!!!!!

I, also, need to add, that after the Jags lost to the Titans on Sunday, it is easy to assume I am crazy. I am tempted to jump on another bandwagon like the Chargers. I probably will. I will come back in here and probably change my pick more than a few times throughout the year.....