1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suns and Kings have had discussions about a trade involving Demarcus Cousins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

If I can select any player in the last 3 drafts to start a franchise, Booker is the guy.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://art19.com/shows/vertical-chris-mannix/episodes/7d9e687c-0423-41df-9f7e-797f4fd7dbaa

32-33 minute mark

Bobby Marks: If you're gonna sign him to that big contract, that's the decision you make with. Better make sure he's the face of your franchise. You can't go through this again next year ... well I guess you'd have to wait a year to trade him but trading a guy who's making $38M-$39M when the cap is gonna flat line is next to impossible. That's the decision they'll have to make & live with.

Mannix: The idea of giving Cousins a 5-year max level deal is a good one...you can't get me to accept that. That giving him the full boat is smart. Once you do that, you are destroying his trade value. 6 years and that money, I don't see teams interested. Teams are interested in the extra year left on that contract. Can we turn him around? Can we put him in a winning situation & see what happens. A 6-year deal into his 30s, he's untradeable.

Marks: He is at that point. Will his body hold up? He's a plodder. Hard to predict how things will pan out but we can make a prediction on where this is going if he signs this long term deal. We all know how the story will be written.

Mannix: This is a Vivek call. He loves DeMarcus Cousins & believes this team's future is in good hands with him. He's hellbent on getting into the playoffs this year. Incredibly short-sighted. It's maddening to me. I'm comfortable in saying this is a bad idea.

Marks: If I was Cousins, not sure I'd sign that extension. I'd want to go through free agency. I know there's the value of money but happiness over weighs a lot of things.

Vivi likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with Marks, that's really A LOT of money, but does he really want to stay in that cluster**** of a franchise for the rest of his career? Eh, not sure...6/7 years on these Kings should be enough for anyone, Maloof first, Vivek now...i mean, lol

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

After they got Ibaka? Not sure i believe this...

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dic Bucher? I don't believe a thing he says.

• Magic turned down the chance to deal Vucevic and either Evan Fournier or draft picks to the Kings for Cousins
    • Concerned about the ability to re-sign Cousins this summer & building around another high maintenance big man
    • Vivek uncertain about max deal

Yeah and I'm sure the Suns also turned down the Kings when they asked for Alex Len & picks. :rolleyes:

#46 J.R., Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Deuce and Vivi like this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, at least the first point doesn't make any sense, pretty laughable actually.