1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Summer TV - Anything good on?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VesceySux, Jun 9, 2008.

1. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

So, it's summer, and all the good TV shows have gone off the air. Now my wife and I have nothing to watch, except for random shows on HGTV, Food Network, and Animal Planet (oh, and The Soup is still new, I guess). Are there any new shows worth watching to tide us over until the fall? (Note: "America's Got Talent" does not qualify as quality programming.)

Oh, and BTW: "It's summer. People suppose get horny." There, I got that lame-ass joke out of the way. Now you can concentrate on the question at hand. :)

2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Season 2 of Burn Notice starts July 10th on USA. It's a great series that's light and fun, about a spy that gets "burned" or basically discredited and must work his way back to his job. It's part detective show, part spy intrigue, and has a dash of Macgyver with the guy's ability to come up with spy gadgets from everyday items.

I think they're running reruns right now on USA, but it's such a breezy show, that you can more or less watch blind and figure out the relationships and story status pretty quickly.

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Burn Notice on USA starts new eps any day now (mcable.. :D )

Dirty Jobs and Deadliest Catch are new eps

Venture Brothers are new also.

4. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

Weeds starts season 4 next week.

In July Pysch returns for season 3 and Mad Men on AMC starts it's 2nd season.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

NBA final. Euro 2008, Olympics. Man Why this is only happening once every 4 years.

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

the mole is watchable if you're into reality tv.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

don't forget concacaf and conmebol world cup qualifiers starting this weekend. in the fall uefa world cup qualifiers too. only 2 years till 2010!!!

8. TheMountainTop

Discovery Channel usually has something good on.
    Battlestar Galactica
    2 and a half men

9. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

BSG is going away after this week. :(

Maybe I'll check out Burn Notice. I've heard good things about it, and I do like Bruce Campbell. Not sure if the wife will like it, though.

Has anyone watched In Plain Sight yet? Is it good?

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's going away for about 6 months before they finish up season 4 starting in December or next January. I don't like it but Sci-Fi is gonna milk this series all they can.

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

my wife likes both of them, especially so Burn Notice....she watched the first In Plain Sight and didnt cancel the weekly recording so I guess she liked it. I havent gotten around to watching it yet so cant really give an opinion, but I do like Burn Notice alot.

Also, if anyone is still watching Law and Order CI, it just had a new ep finally aired Sunday on USA.

I find some of the coolest stuff on Discovery\History and History Internationl whenever I think there isnt anything else on...don't give up till you at least check those. Also, if you have the HD package there is normally *something* on worth watching.