1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I still wouldn't trade Francis for Kobe.

------------------
    "The idea of a band nowadays is five pretty boys, one with a tattoo, one with a shaved head, and on and on. I mean, I like Britney Spears, I think she's pretty, but I'm not from the Mickey Mouse Club. I'm from the Godzilla club!"
    ---Ozzy Osbourne

2. Hydra

Hydra Member

Heb,
    I guess you have never heard of Shaq. When Kobe passes to him in the paint and Shaq bulls over his man and dunks, that is ruled an assist. And if you think that Cat doesn't pass enough, you really don't want Kobe on the team.

------------------
    Hike up your skirt a little more, and show the world to me.

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

No doubt Kobe is tallented, but his attitude is crap. He is not the type of player I would want on the Rockets. He is a team cancer as far as I am concerned, despite all his talent.

------------------
    Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon is the greatest player in the history of basketball. If you disagree, you are not a Rocket fan.

4. Jim1965

Jim1965 Member

In my opinion, EVERY SINGLE GM in the NBA would trade Francis for Kobe. Come on, I know everybody here loves Steve, but Kobe can change a game offensively and defensively, and the kid is just getting started.

------------------
    Bob Rainey is my hero!

5. Band Geek Mobster

i wish i knew how to make tables
    [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Band Geek Mobster (edited April 05, 2001).]

6. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Totally Jim. I think most people here are buying into the hype. Phil Jackson is trying to crush Kobe right now b/c Shaq freaked out. You guys have to remember that Shaq started this whole feud. He did it w/ Penny, and now he's doing it with Kobe.

Shaq is a 340 lb. behemoth (probably bigger). Sure he's generally unstoppable... but he also started this season out of shape. Kobe also couldn't trust Shaq at the beginning of the season in closing minutes b/c Shaq couldn't hit his free throws. Giving Kobe flack for that is ridiculous...

And when Kobe implied that Shaq was fat... whoa. That's truly when the **** hit the fan.

If you guys get a chance to watch the Lakers from now on, really watch Kobe. He might look immature but he's also younger than Steve. He's 4 years younger than Cuttino, and the board usually protects Cuttino and Steve b/c of their short tenure in the NBA. There are some things that he has to get out of his system. Remember, he didn't play college ball like both Cuttino and (to a lesser extent) Steve.

Kobe is also playing in the triangle, which is generally sidestepped by everybody in the NBA except for Phil Jackson. Hell, he's only playing one variant of it right now... Shaq in the middle, dit to Shaq.

Kobe is totally the real deal. You're completing kidding yourself if you think that he'll turn into a Stackhouse( who I might add has come into his own since Grant Heel Injury left) on his next team.

Besides, he's marketable. Consequently, he gets calls. [​IMG]

Moochie, Cuttino/Kobe, Kobe, PJ Brown type PF, Dream... == playoffs.

------------------
    \../

7. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Why the Kobe hate? He gets only one assist less than Francis does per game and he has worse role players than the Rockets to get them from.

6'7", 21 years old, lethal. You guys just dislike him b/c he's good, and he knows he's good.

------------------
    \../