1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Suggestions] Watch Battery Replacement (Central Houston)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rubytuesday, Nov 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

Does anyone know of a place in town (preferably inside 610) that replaces watch batteries? I know of a great one inside Baybrook Mall but I don't live over there anymore. I tried Target off Sawyer and WalMart off Post Oak and both don't do them. I've asked Macys and REI as well, since that's where I bought the watches but they don't do it.

I don't want to spend $20 on a battery but do need new ones. Just looking for suggestions... I did see a place on Shepherd, north of San Felipe that does it but I've never seen anyone walk in or out of that place.

Please help!

2. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

You can go to one of the watch shops in the middle of the Galleria. I think its called Time square.

3. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

what kinda watch? you should change it yourself.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

First, take no advice about watch batteries from me. The last half-dozen watches I've had have only been good until I had to replace the battery -- then the store screws it up, it stops ticking, it explodes, or something. I now refuse to own a watch because I can't keep them alive; I just use my phone.

I think Sears usually has a guy who does keys and watch batteries. I know the one on Wheeler (Richmond) and Main does. The one at Sharpstown used to and still might.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

There is a battery replacement shop down by the skating rink.

6. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

you should get an automatic or solar. No battery.

7. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

It's the Little Watch Shop. It's legit. I would suggest it. I've used them before

8. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

I've used them before. They did a good job but they charge around $14.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I've also considered a Timex. But, the watch is a throwback now anyway. I use the 21st century pocket-watch.

10. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Fiesta on OST and Main. A family runs the place. As soon as you walk in it is to the left. It looks shady but the family is really nice and has always been honest with me. I think they are even an authorized Seiko dealer. The family charges $3.25 I think to do any watch. I have been going there for over 10 years. Takes them about 5 minutes if there is no line.

I remember when I got my Movado some watch store in the Galleria said it had pressurized links and only a fine jeweler could do it and it would cost about 50 bucks. I took it to Fiesta and the guy showed me how Movado does the standard pins like most watch companies do. Charged me 4 dollars before tax and I was out in 10 minutes.

I think they close around 7 or 8 so you have to plan your trip accordingly.

#10 BigSherv, Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2008