1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Suggestion Needed] Sleeper Solution - Office Guest Bedroom

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Garner, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Garner

Garner Member

Hey Folks -- Shot in the dark here...

The Lady and I are moving into a 19th century Coach House for a bit more space, but more importantly..a second bedroom. We signed the lease and all is great, except today I discovered that due to the molding my door frames are 29.5".

For the master, this is fine. For the Office Guest Bedroom, it presents more of a problem as I was hoping to get an alternative sleeping solution in there (like a sleeper sofa) so not to sacrifice all that space for what amounts to 10 weekends of guests per year. As far as I can math, due to the skinny frames though, that's simply not possible.

Any suggestions on an alternative? Trying to give my people something a bit better than an air mattress.

Thanks!

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Do you live in Chicago?

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The broskis at a neighboring frathouse has an aerobed you can borrow. Might want to hose it down first.

4. Buck Turgidson

Buy a sawzall and make the door frames larger.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

You cant buy a futon in a box, build it inside the room and get an extra temperpedic foam mattress for extra comfort for them?

Where the hell did you find a coach house btw? Pretty awesome.

6. Garner

Garner Member

Sure do!

7. PhiSlammaJamma

I suggested the tech's around here build an app for that...will your furniture fir through your door, but nobody took me up on it lol.

Try to invite smaller guests like this;

[​IMG]

They require smaller beds. By the way, this is real, and human, but unexplained.