1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suck for Luck is in full swing!

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Depressio, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Unfortunately, this edition doesn't have the Rams participating.

[​IMG]

Who will finally take a lead in the Suck for Luck contest? Find out next week as NFL franchises continue to purposefully fall on their face to get an opportunity at drafting one of the best quarterbacks to come out of college in a long time.

Stolen from reddit.

1 person likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

If it keeps Luck away from the Colts, I say we take a dive in week 16 @ Indy.

3. plates300

plates300 Member

I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. No way we let Indy get Luck and torment our division for another decade. This is all contingent on the Texans already having a playoff spot of course. But it is possible Indy can win against the Titans and Jacksonville but just in case...

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I have been advocating for that since it became clear just how bad the Colts are. Not only preventing them from getting Luck, but a little payback for them essentially doing the same thing in 2009 against the Jets, keeping the Texans out of the playoffs.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Kubiak doesn't care about 5-8 years in the future when Manning retires or gets traded and Luck actually gets to see the field. No coach should assume they'll be with the same team that far into the future anyways.

Besides, the Colts will have like 160 million tied up in 2 QBs, one of which wont ever play. By the time Luck sees the field that team will suck even more.

If they trade Luck for Patrick Willis and some high picks then I'll be worried.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm surprised the Colts laid down and gave up 62 points. The tanking match between the Colts and Dolphins could get embarrassing for the NFL.

Looking at their remaining schedules, I think the Dolphins have a better chance of going 0-16. Not only that, they have a legit shot of getting blown out of each and every future game.

7. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

The new nfl rookie wage scale should take care of Lucks contract. Cam Newton's contract is only worth around $20 million.

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Maybe the Rams get him, trade for a new defense, O-Line, WR, and replacement for Jackson.

9. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

The Rams should pick Luck, then trade Bradford for another pick and take Justin Blackmon. That would be the best single draft since the Lions picked Ndamakong Suh.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm sure Kubiak wouldn't be thinking about the long term implications. I would just love the ability to be in position to rest starters in Week 16. That, in and of itself, would be pretty awesome. If the fallout from it is a Colts win and they don't get the 1st pick, that's just gravy...