1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Streetball Mixtapes...And1, EBC, etc

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Franchise3, May 22, 2002.

1. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

What do ya'll think about these kinds of basketball mixtapes? Do you think they are ruining the game? Personally, I love to watch them. The And1 tapes in particular have a perfect blend of action to compliment their soundtrack. They are thoroughly entertaining. However, on another front I think there are far too many peeps trying to idolize and imitate these streetball players. My game is tight and I can replicate these streetball moves, but I prefer to play MY game which helped to lead our varsity b-ball team deep into the playoffs. There are too many kids who think they having skillz equates to being able to bounce the ball of somebody's head and proceed to miss the jumper. Overall, I'm hyped as hell to see And1 Vol.5 and I'll be there on opening day to pick that up.

2. tozai

tozai Member

Yeah I enjoy these tapes also, even though they are becoming repetitive and Vol 4 sucked and was rehearsed. The tapes aren't ruining the game. They just are for entertainment. The problem is exactly what you said. Kids think they got these handles and try all this fancy ****, but can't make jumpshots if their life depended on it. I'm looking forward to Vol. 5 also. What school you play for?

3. GrEgOnOmIcS

GrEgOnOmIcS Member

It's not that serious, just people having fun in the park. there are no high school or nba championships on the line.

4. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

I played my first two years at CMR high school in Great Falls, Montana and the past two years here at Liberty high school in Colorado Springs, Colorado.