1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Streetball: Getting embarrassed

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Nelly, Jun 9, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Has anybody here ever gotten embarrassment in the court during a run? Crossed-over and fell, blocked the crap out of, or juked out of your socks and had the people watching go OOOHHH? I gotta admit it's the first time in my life I ever fell back when someone tried to juke me. :eek: I hit the game winning three though. :cool:

But I don't know if anybody will remember who won, just that I got juked.... :(

Go ahead and have a laugh at my expense.

2. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

more than likely the person carried the ball while crossing you over...i wouldnt feel to bad about it.

3. Nelly

Yeh I was back pedaling on a fast break and he was coming down the middle and crossed me which led to me stumbling and falling back on my butt. :eek:

4. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

sorry man, i didn't mean to embarass u like that. ;)

5. Nelly

haha was that really you? :p oh well sometimes you fall in life, just gotta get back up. I just wondered if any of you guys have ever been crossed up like that.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I remember one time this dude did a Hakeem-bamboozles-Robinson move on me under the basket.

the next play i just dunked on his head though.

7. Nelly

I wish i could dunk :( . All I did was keep playing and scored a couple floaters and hit the game winning three. Wasn't that spectacular though.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm playing at the UH Rec center with some fellow BBS members.

I blocked the **** out of a pretty lil girl.

Was she embarrassed about it? No.

Was I?

I apologized to her.

That was my most favorite moment ever at the UH Rec center.

In the same day, I blocked a girl earlier in a game. I blocked her shot, and I apologized, and she asked me why the hell I am apologizing for.

Why did I have to be stuck guarding a girl?

9. Nelly

lol a lil girl? what was she doing there? did you get her number? or did you mean lil girl as in a kid :confused: :p

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

She was a college student, and she didn't look too shabby.

11. Nelly

You should've apologized and told her you'd make it up to her by buying her dinner.

12. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

When you trip and everyone goes "OOooooh Shiiiiieeetttt" you get up and say "Alright guys, I gotta go to work and make a couple thousand today, then go home and bang my wife. Lata playas!"

13. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

HAHAHA I don't know why, this made me laugh so hard. I was picturing some nerds getting owned and then saying this. heheh. Thanks for the laugh. :)

One time my senior year of High School I was playing with some black guys thinking I could probably hold my own. Man was I wrong hahaha. Those guys were dunking and and1-ing all over my small 5'6" Asian butt.

One play this guy tried to cross me over and naturally I took a step back, but he stepped on one of my shoes so I fell flat on my back. So technically it wasn't really an ownage but everyone was like "OOooOohHhh!!!" anyways.

14. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Honestly, if you play enough, you're going to get crossed over plenty of times...and juked so bad you fall down a couple. Most kids don't want to get embarassed so they don't even try...which is why you see so many nice moves actually get pulled off: people don't want to get embarassed.

All I know is that when a 5'6" Asian kid gets crossed up and falls, the crowd goes oooh...when that same Asian kid blocks a fancy layup attempt, though, the crowd goes f-ing nuts.

15. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I think the most embarrassed I've ever been is when I've been dunked on. Not really a big deal.

The most embarrassed I've ever made someone felt was a couple of days ago. I was going nearly full speed and I guess the guy in front of me really wanted the ball because I did a really simple crossover and he fell forward onto the cement with his chest. Made a loud smack and everyone laughed. When he got up his chest was all red(bare shirt, duh). He was laughing too even though he was in pain and acting like a pit bull a few moments before.

16. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

where do they have 7foot rims in houston? I've been lookin for so my niece has a place to play ball at. ;)

17. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Hahaha that's awesome.

18. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

This isn't really an embarrassment but I love it when I'm on a fastbreak and some guy is chasing close after me and then I do a pump fake right under the rim and he goes flying by like he's dodging a bomb or something. That always gives me a nice feeling as I stare at him fly by and then tip the ball in (since I can't dunk).

One other time I did a fast break at UH rec ctr and this guy was in front of me and I did a cross over as I stop right on a 3 pt line and he fell flat on his back. I got like 2-3 "oohs" not too shabby. I also swished that 3 to top it all off.

My once in a blue moon ownage.

19. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

the worst that i've been embarrassed is when a 5'4" made me eat the ball. it was a fast break and i took to the hole. out of ****in' nowhere i see my shot fly into the crowd. i'm 5' 9", btw.

i've embarrassed a few people with my fake 3 point shot though. i just fake it so good, people think i've actually shot the ball, turn around, and see the back of my head as i dribble pass them for the layup.

20. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

A family friend has a nice hoop set up in his back yard. He was BBQing and a couple of us were goofing around waiting for the food to cook. My friends 5'7 gf blocked me (i'm 6'0) and my mom heckled me. :(

Yeah....thats one for the highlight reels.