1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stormy Weather: p*rn star sues the president

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Mar 6, 2018.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It isn't my hope, it is me looking at a Trump aide who just spoke with the Mueller investigating team. You haven't provided much evidence or reasoning yet as to why you think the collusion angle is dead. Nothing you've said has more credibility than Caputo's information.

It seems the only person in this thread relying on hope might be you.

Yung-T and No Worries like this.
  2. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is this giuliani getting back at trump for passing him over for sec of state or AG?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There is no evidence one way or the other. That's my point. There's been a lot of innuendo, and a lot of people saying things in public that don't pan out, but nothing legitimate. I personally don't care one way or the other, I didn't vote for Trump, I wouldn't vote for him if he ran again. I just see a ton of unhinged people desperately holding out hope that someone will find something to make Mike Pence the President and I just don't get it. If something legitimate ever comes to light, great, but till then it seems pretty stupid to assume that some magical evidence will appear proving that the president was born in Kenya....oh wait, that was the last bunch of ridiculous partisans that embarrassed themselves over a stupid conspiracy theory.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Kellyanne's husband continues to impress...

Conway’s husband shares link to FEC rules on personal loans after Giuliani admits Trump paid back Cohen
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...nd-shares-link-to-fec-rules-on-personal-loans

B-Bob, pirc1 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A person explaining what they were questioned about and the focus of those questions is definitely evidence. It isn't 100% guaranteed, but it is evidence. It's better evidence than anything you've presented to support your idea that Mueller found nothing at all on collusion and has completely left that behind.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's evidence as to what he was questioned about and nothing more. I don't doubt that Mueller is grasping at straws looking for anything he can possibly come up with to go after the president for being mean to his friend, I'm just pointing out that there's no evidence that it's anything but a wild goose chase. One thing is for sure, he'll keep looking till he comes up with something, anything to help avenge his friend.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't get it. What's the relevance?

Nook, TheresTheDagger and B-Bob like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

Its in his very next tweet:

10. NewRoxFan

If you continue down the same thread of tweets, the coincidence of the timing of two payments from the trump campaign totaling $130k to trump businesses, and the timing of the "grab them by the ..." tape a few weeks prior... with the thinking that the Stormy payoff would have been a deathblow to the trump campaign.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Oh, ok. I hadn't really thought the relevance to winning the election was something that even needed demonstrating.

12. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/07/11/us/politics/donald-trump-jr-email-text.html

Don Jr himself publicly released these emails. The meeting they describe happened, nobody denies it. So, there was a meeting specifically for the purpose of Russia offering to help the Trump campaign with dirt on Hillary, Don Jr enthusiastically agrees to it and arranges it, and most of the top staff of the campaign went to this meeting - and yet we are expected to believe there's absolutely, positively no way there was any collusion with Russia. Nothing suspicious here at all.

This is one tiny point of data in a sea of data already available to the public - which is likely much smaller than the ocean of data the Mueller team has.

Guccifer has been revealed as GRU agent.

We already have numerous guilty pleas about lying to the FBI- what did they all lie about? Meeting with Russians. The lies about meeting with the Russians are too numerous to recall. Now, that alone doesn't prove anything, but combined with the other data, Occam's Razor says: they all know it would be better to be busted lying than be busted for the truth.

There's so, so much more. Roger Stone's connections to Wikileaks. Hints from Roger and Trump himself that something big was coming, one day before the emails were released. I'm just listing this stuff off the top of my head.

But hey, don't take my word for it, here's a quote from Steve Bannon regarding the meeting: “Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad ****, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately.” What a libtard!

Bobby, I understand some of your biases, e.g. the right to bear arms and fiscal conservatism. This one, I don't get. You know the president has no scruples and is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Yung-T likes this.
  13. Nolen

There's no evidence available to the public. Big difference. There could be a ton of evidence, or there could be zero, but we won't know until Mueller, or whoever replaces him, presents findings to congress. Yet you claim that you know there is none. Why?
    Links? What things didn't pan out or are not legitimate?
    Stop pretending. If you didn't care you wouldn't have posted ten times in this thread. You have very much taken a side on this.

Yung-T likes this.
  14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I heard on Fox News that Trump is the best President ever.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I really don't have a side in this one, I'd be all for Trump being impeached if it turns out there is cause.....I'm just not going to assume there is secret evidence of crimes when there's literally no reason to assume that. Face it, you are just going on hope.

16. Nolen

There's plenty of reasons to suspect it. Like, dozens.
    You've posted a lot on this subject, and your language frames you in a constant state of rolling your eyes, that the investigation is a waste of time. You claim that there is innuendo and claims that haven't panned out, but you don't back it up. Of course there are many points of suspicious data, including that the top staff of the Trump campaign met with a Russian specifically because she claimed Russia could help their campaign with dirt on Hillary. The meeting was arranged; it happened. Trump fired the director of the FBI who was investigating Flynn and him and said on national TV that it was because of "the Russia thing." Giuliani re-confirmed that this week.

Do I misinterpret you? Do you feel that the investigation is a waste?

Do you think that there is anything suspicious to be investigated? If not, why not?

No. The facts, taken together, paint a picture of possible collusion. It may be that it didn't happen, or that it did happen but no smoking gun will be found.
    But if it never did, Trump and his campaign have done everything they can to act as if they did. And they have no one to blame but themselves for that.

B-Bob likes this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

19. NewRoxFan

LOL, Rudy, the gift that keeps giving...

Giuliani: Cohen would have paid other women 'if it was necessary'
    http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...uld-have-paid-other-women-if-it-was-necessary

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Cohen may have paid other women. Cohen may have made voice recordings of Trump and himself, discussing paying Stormy Daniels and perhaps those other women. The FBI may now have those recordings. The Stormy Daniels payment may have broken campaign finance law. The FBI will need to investigate the Stormy Daniels payment and any other similar payments.

All of this will make it to the press. Maybe Trump is now sending up trail balloons via Giuliana to soften the political blow later? That stratagem is too smart to come from Trump's brain, though.

Politicians break campaign finance laws all of the time. This can't be what takes Trump down directly. But ... Trump's obstruction of justice might.

Cohen might have some more serious legal issues, as being Trump's fixer, that has not been made public yet. We will see.