1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STONE is still the HEDGE HONCHO. Why a FEW MAJOR HITS greatly TRUMPS MANY MISTAKES.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Mar 7, 2024.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

All he did was pick best player available

2. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

When you look at it from the prospective of what GMs are actually doing a better job Stone ends up looking decent. A lot of teams people will say that are getting more from their GM are doing well because of one guy they drafted or signed (T-Wolves and Knicks, and soon Spurs will be added to that list), but I think a good GM has to have made a few smart moves or a couple of good moves and avoids a potential bad move in front of him. The only guy that really stands out above Stone is Presti, the Magic have also done a decent job, but they have had some draft lotto luck as well.

At the end of the season, I am looking at Stone as being slightly better than in Feb. We saw some insane flashes in Jalen Green, so if he ends up not working out then I can no longer blame the pick, because we are potentially being fooled in year 3, so if we are being fooled in year 3, then its easy to see them being fooled pre draft. We have something very special in Amen, not sure if trading up for Scoot was ever an option, but us staying pat and making the pick seems like a good move. If we get an Amen or Sengun level player out of just one of the Brooklyn picks (in addition to Tari), then I would say that trade is won at that point.

#202 BallSoHarden, Apr 30, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
    OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  3. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is there a hidden message in the title that I am missing? What’s with the upper case?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Head honcho and Trump - play with words

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I will say one thing that bodes well for Stone (or others in the front office; I suspect Wittus)…they tried to trade for Josh Hart a couple deadlines ago as part of the Hornets/Blazers trade for McCulllom. So that gives me some confidence.

6. dmoneybangbang

Meh. That narrative is tired, old, and is basically under the context of tanking. Organization moved on pretty quickly.