1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. adoo

adoo Member

here is another article on CRWD.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/43...lings-momentum-is-driving-astonishing-margins

CRWD not only has a partnership to sell its solutions to AWS (AMZN) customers, it also has partnerships with Azure (MSFT) and Google Cloud Platform (GOOG) (GOOGL) to protect their customers' workloads.

During Q1 2021, the company acquired 830 net new customers, 40 fewer customers than the 870 of Q4 2020. This is not usual for CrowdStrike; the company had been able to grow its customer count by increasing amounts for every quarter since going public. This is a major trend reversal for a company that was showing a very appealing and smooth growth of late. Just look at the recent growth in annual recurring revenue (NYSE:ARR):

[​IMG]

fwiw, CRWD has overcome the bad publicity it received, unwarranted, during the build-up to the Trump impeachment proceedings.

CRWD was founded by a Russian American from Brooklyn. who had immigrated to the US as a young child.
    like thousands of US Corp, CRWD is incorporated in Deleware.

the Democratic National Committee had hired CRWD to investigate the cyber-attack on its network during the 2016 elections.​

Trump / Giuliani twisted this information and conveniently​

repeated the baseless theory, on FoxNews TV, that the Democratic National Committee gave its computer server to a “Ukrainian company.”​

CrowdStrike responded that it is a US-based co and it has “never taken physical possession of any DNC servers.”​

#11201 adoo, Aug 16, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  2. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

I'm thinking of opening up 5 different call positions for long term, outsized gains. The hope is to hit on 2 or 3 out of 5? Essentially, I'm thinking of buying calls on stocks that have a chance at tripling or more in 2 years (basically about as far out as I can buy calls for). I'd buy way out of the money to minimize investment (maybe buy at strike with at double the current price with hopes the stock goes past that).

Given the gains, I'm talking about, I think it precludes just about every FANG stock or super megacap. For example, maybe something like Crowdstrike fits the bill? Or BigCommerce? Or Nio?

I'm not sure I really want to make the play right now given valuations, but I'm curious what companies folks feel could fit the bill? A lot of the talk here is on trading, but I'm thinking more about long term business thesis.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm not going to invest in the company, @adoo, (things are too volatile for me), but that's a fascinating story. It looks like it could be an intriguing play.

CCity Zero likes this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm an ignorant investor, but I'd do some research on Atlassian. Jira software is everywhere, even if people don't know how to use it.

Just imagine if it actually did what Project Managers promised it'd do...

CCity Zero and Dream Sequence like this.
  5. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

XOM is probably next up to cut that dividend but CVX is positioned to keep it going even if it means going into debt.

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm in Apache right now.

CCity Zero likes this.
  7. adoo

adoo Member

a bullish PUT spread on NVDA, who reports on Wed, using Aug 21 expiration
    [​IMG]

bto 490 strike put
    sto 500 strike put, for a net credit of $5.10, defining my max risk to be $4.90

saitou likes this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Welp... up another 23%.

Kim likes this.
  9. adoo

adoo Member

got the confirmation that i was looking for, 5 consecutive days of higher lows & higher highs,
    in the process taking out the huge red candle 6 days ago.

pick up some 105 strike CALL, 9-18 expiration.

[​IMG]
    fwiw

if u expand the time frame for a year, you can see that it is not a double top.
    it is consolidating, on light to avg trading volume, awaiting a catalyst (such as the 2 Sep ERS) to stir up the pot.
    should that happen, we'll likely see

• MACD cross-over, awa
    • the 20 DMA bouncing off the 50 DMA

saitou likes this.
  10. adoo

adoo Member

DDOG was caught in the short-lived tech wreck when it reported earnings earlier this month

[​IMG]
    price action was wrecked ~ 17%---gapping down---to where the 20 DMA dipped below 50 DMA

it appears to have found the bottom of the trading channel; 7 consecutive days of higher lows,
    in the process, taking out the huge red candlestick in early Auge. most likely, it will soon
    • show a MACD crossover towards closing that 84-87 gap

11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I bought back in at $75. Still lots of runway left in the coming years if they keep executing.

[​IMG]

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

There is a bubble in the stock market, and it's not the one you think. There is a bubble in short selling. I have never in my 20+ years seen so many retail traders who have no business shorting anything shorting everything the past few years. Perhaps it is a carryover from 2008 where the doom cult just never went away. Past few years you see short sellers like Jim Chanos and Andrew Left paraded on financial media like heros. Not saying there is anything wrong with short selling perse, but the celebration of it has infested small, ignorant investors. And now that bubble is popping in spectacular fashion as seen by the evisceration of short interest in every heavily shorted stock as retail longs have entered the party for the first time since 1990s. That means ostk, gsx, cvna etc and yes tsla as well.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

MDLY, woooooo probably don't enter now or get out if not watching close. The halts hurt, could regain momentum but not worth the risk for sympathy play.

I'll try to share trash again - been inactive on those lately. I basically just flipped it quick, if I'm wrong and it gets higher nice. I just don't hold unless it's a real play I feel good on. This one really could still hit 1.40+ from pumps but I'd avg out so you get profits.

Edit - yeah, don't get stuck unless you like to gamble. I'm out since first big peak - managed some at 1.39 somehow... I set limit sell under everyone's plan of 1.40-1.50 at ~1.34 - this is basically gambling so make sure you understand risk management.

#11213 CCity Zero, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    BmwM3 likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

15. adoo

adoo Member

CRM---bouncing off the low trading channel / w a MACD cross-over---will report on 25 Aug.

my guess is that it will take out the previous high of ~~210 before the ERS​

[​IMG]

noscrusir and whag00 like this.
  16. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Visa potentially breaking out...it’s been the laggard of the IPAY names. Hopefully it can rally to $215.

17. adoo

adoo Member

like ddog, fsly's ERS was caught in the short-lived tech wreck in early Aug
    [​IMG]
    it appears to have found strong support at ~ the 50 dma, which also happens to be ~ 38% retracement level.
    think it's gonna consolidate at this level for a while.

placed an GTC order for the Nov 75 CALL, at $1 lower than the current bid; we'll see what happens

CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Nice man, looks like the 75 call is working great. Any other ones you're looking at? I was looking at a few on MU but nothing worth getting in on for now.

I'm still holding out hope on few other 5g plays but it's not looking great yet.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

FYI : One of the reasons (the main reason) FSLY may have tanked in early August is because 12% of their first-half-of-2020 apparently revenue came from TikTok.

20. steveng125

steveng125 Member

What happens to Apple during the 24th-31st. I bought in 50 shares but I was wondering about the period after the split cut off and the time of the split? What happens between that time period if someone buys stocks?