1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. adoo

adoo Member

last wk, bought Jun 12 58 CALL on the cheap; looking good. already have a sell order at a price
    ~2.1 X my cheap purchase price

my new play on BX

sell a credit spread; jul 162.5/ 157.5 for 2.55 credit
    bought Sep 160 CALL

if things go according, will sell ~ mid Jul, w ~ 60 days left to expiration.​

noscrusir likes this.
  2. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

SNAP down for being anti-Trump?

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That news is kind of old -- I don't even think it really popped all that much on it. I tried getting into FMCI back when it was around $10.40 and failed. It ran up to $11.xx and I ignored it. Then it popped for no damn reason and ran up over $13.xx a couple of days ago. I got into it a day or two ago on the way back down, so I'm down at the moment, but I'll hang onto it just to see what it does.

This, like my VTIQ gamble, is just that... a gamble, but this one is even more of a gamble than VTIQ was. VTIQ has a potential product that they've at least physically built and sold to others even if they aren't technically in production. The FMCI news is about a plant-based food company which is a hot sector right now thanks to companies like Beyond Meat and the meat supply chain disruption, but there's no news as to which company it is. There are rumors it could be Impossible Foods, which would probably blow the top off the stock, but that's just a wild guess. Jumping into this is nothing but throwing crap against the wall and seeing if it sticks. I decided I was willing to take that risk, but not based upon anything I know because nobody really knows anything about this merger except the few on the inside.

Didn't you ask about VTIQ earlier? If so, I'm seeing a theme. :D

#10143 Dr of Dunk, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    BmwM3 likes this.
  4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Jumped in on the hoping for sticky crap boat! :eek::D

5. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

I have a few stocks I’m holding for a long time. I did get into VTIQ. If I do get into FMCI just like VTIQ I'm definitely NOT going all in. I opened a Webull account just to have a few of these “gamble” type plays. I also bought some LK to gamble with. Lol

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This is why I usually don't post stocks I buy. I end up ruining lives. :( Well, here's to a boat full of sticky crap, my friend.

Kim and BmwM3 like this.
  7. adoo

adoo Member

any link ?

8. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

9. adoo

adoo Member

facebook

[​IMG]

looks like an aborted handle to a cup-w-handle formation, which makes it a great short candidate

#10149 adoo, Jun 3, 2020
    saitou likes this.
  10. adoo

adoo Member

i look at it as a momentary perturbation, it will snap back on course, after a completed cup-w-handle formation

[​IMG]

11. adoo

adoo Member

hedge fund manager, Dan Loeb of Third Point, issued a favorable report on BA, and added that his firm had purchased $40M of BA debt.

but many were confused thinking that he had bought $40 M of BA stock, which kinda explains the pop today.

• a purchase $40 M of debt is not the same as $40 M purchase of stocks

i've constructed a synthetic short on BA, via 7-17-20 CALL options

[​IMG]

sto 170 CALL
    bto 175 CALL

for $2.15 credit, defining my max risk of $2.85​

#10151 adoo, Jun 3, 2020
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Man I have been lucky (for me at least) since March. I came out great with Boeing and PLAY and smaller amounts on others with day and swing trades. Made positive on about 80% of my options. The only thing I lost substantially was United Airlines. Now they have screwed me in real life a few times and in investing.

Now about two weeks ago I am attempting to go long on REITS, banking. and other dividend stocks that were still down but legit companies (a few that have been suspended)

BA, DOW, FRT, HSBC, JPM, KO, LYB, MAIN, MMM, NNN, O, PEP, RDS.A, RPAI, RTX, RY, SBUX, SPG, STOR, SYY, T, TD, VTR, VZ, WBA, WFC, WPC

For the REITS I went into the biggest and "safest" It appears there will only be about 30 total companies left in the entire US within a matter of years anyways.

When things for me normalize though I have less time to deal with stocks so going longterm on stocks that are all mostly down 25-70% seemed like a good option. And considering I'm up over 200% from the capital I was using in March they can drop from here and ill be still in good shape. And now estimate a little under $450 a month in dividends ill be getting a month from the stocks listed above back into purchases and hopefully capital gains over the next few years.

Cheers to a president that is trying to get reelected and propping up the stock market for all the rich people in the country!

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Jim Cramer's about to talk about VTIQ... this may mean trouble for them and maybe FMCI... woo hoo... hang on... :eek:

Sajan likes this.
  14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

hot dog! the market has been on fire! i have a nagging voice saying to sell my airline and retail stocks, but the fomo is real.

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

Man what is with GNUS???

thought about a 2 dollar entry when the offering happened. Now it’s 8+

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Welp... Cramer didn't care for these type of stocks since he's seen them spike and drop like a brick, which I knew, but VTIQ only went down about 3% or so during his talk, so it wasn't too bad. I'm still staying out. I've had my run with this for now. Now I just need FMCI to say they've signed a deal with Impossible Foods or something. LOL!

Kim likes this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That thing was a $0.30 stock a month ago... I went to the restroom and came back -- it was up 2400%.

18. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sajan likes this.
  20. adoo

adoo Member

just so u understand,

the underpinning of this strong stock market has been the floor set by the Federal Reserve,
    ---injecting more liquidity in 2 wks than it did during the 2008/2009 financial crisis---
    in response to the US's lack of readiness to deal w the spread of the pandemic.​

if you want to thank anyone, thank the Central Bankers of the world

i have benefited from this recent rise in the stock market.

and i am far from being a rich person