1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr really ticks me off

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Dec 8, 2016.

1. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I just flat out disagree on Klay's defense. He is a great defender. As for Gordon, Gordon is a stud and I have always loved his game. Gordon is an All Star that nobody considers an All Star and a lot of that has to do with injuries. Which by the way, Klay doesn't get hurt. Even Curry had a time when he was hurt often before he blew up. As for Draymond and Kawhi, its really not about how good they are on defense (splitting hairs) its about how they defend. Draymond is like Pat Beverly and has to go Laimbeer on people because he is unathletic and Kawhi is just the golden child, god did him right and he has the attitude and motor to match his gifts. But I think you proved my point with comparing Draymond to Kawhi so I'm glad you are seeing things my way. ;)

2. joomba

joomba Member

I didn't prove your point because Draymond being a great defender was not the issue here. It's about Klay being overrated, and you still haven't answered my question of when is the last time Klay's defense gave his opponents real trouble, like what Kawhi did to Butler yesterday. If you look at the numbers, Warriors are actually better defensively w/o Klay than they are with him. The opposite is true for Draymond; whenever Draymond sits, their defense goes to ****.

3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Nope not true, kerr was starting Lee till he got injured

4. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Stefen Kerr ticks me off to but not for your reasons. He ticks me off because he has a team of frauds which only wins games because the NBE rigs games. I'm sick of seeing the fraud fake mvp steven curry as the leagues poster child. Durant is a coward and draymond the donkey is the dirtiest player in NBE history. Fk them all. Bandwagon warrrior stans need to gtfo of this forum.

#44 icecreamman, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  5. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

So they can't do better? LeBron/Wade/Bosh was a process in season 1. Why can't GSW have a process?
    Kerr isn't awful. Every coach whines to refs. It's just the Warriors are on national TV every second game (or so it seems)

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You must be watching alot of the WWE.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Warriors were way more annoying with Bogut and Festus

8. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

yeah so that has to do with personnel and type of defense. Klay is a good on ball defender, one of the best. Is he Tony Allen, maybe not but that doesn't condemn him to not being one of the best. When Klay sits so does the Kobe Bryant on the other team and hence there is a veneer that the defense improved when in reality James Harden just sat down for the opposing team. Again, I'm not saying Klay is top 10 or not but the original comment was that him being in the discussion is not crazy.

9. joomba

joomba Member

I do think it is crazy to put Klay in the discussion for top 10. For starters, he's playing worse than last season - don't let that 60 point game fool you, statistics wise the numbers have dropped across the board, not just averages but also the efficiency - and every major sports media outlet put him somewhere between top 13-20 that year (ESPN 16th, SI 19th, SLAM 13th, etc.) So how does it makes sense to put Klay in the top 10 now, when he is shooting career low from the three-point line (37.8%) and has been extremely inconsistent? The Warriors as a team are not better than last year, and so is Klay, so what makes him a top 10 player now when he wasn't considered one last season?

As for Klay's defense, he's never been selected in the All-Defensive team not even once, his defensive numbers are horrible (unlike Draymond), and players routinely put up big numbers against his defense, so what makes him a great defender? Just recently Blake shot 5/20 against Draymond, Butler 4/14 against Kawhi, Westbrook 8/26 against Beverley, Harden 6/23 against Roberson, Klay 4/14 against Tony Allen, Cousins 7/22 against Gobert, etc.

Truly elite defenders have the ability to lock down his opponent, but Klay simply does not have that kind of impact on the defensive end of the floor. As I've mentioned before, in the last year's playoffs, every single player Klay guarded put up better numbers against his defense than they did in previous rounds. Klay plays diligent defense and is a decent on-ball defender, but at the end of the day he ain't locking anyone down. In that sense, Klay's defense is more like Ariza's than it is like Dryamond or Tony Allen. Klay is not top 10 either offensively or defensively, hence he shouldn't be considered a top 10 player overall.

#49 joomba, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Wylo likes this.
  10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

what?

11. Mr Chuck Norris

yup, watching draymond play "defense"

12. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

I still dislike Doc Rivers and the Clippers more. Although they've behaved better so far this season, still the whiniest, floppingiest team in the league. They should trade for Marcus Smart to complete the circle.

13. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

so your blaming Klay for this year's Warriors getting worse and yet the difference this year is that Barnes and Bogut are gone and Durant is in. Wouldn't it be more logical to blame that for them being worse then Klay. Again, not saying Klay is top ten but its not crazy to discuss it. Ariza is great on defense and I would agree with that comparison. That makes both of them 100 times better than Curry on ball defender. Glad you are seeing things my way ;).