1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr really ticks me off

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hate how they get the benefit of every 50 50 call
    Hell . . .they get some that are not close. . . They have so many superstar calls
    and the Lack of calls for Moving Screens is ridiculous

I truly had that green gets away with murder and then gets every ticky tack foul around
    One tech gets a tech for a scowl but the GSW can practically beat the refs down in the tunnels

I hate that with all those advantages . . .they have the gall to be smug

Rocket River

slothy420 and pippendagimp like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Kerr, Green, Klay, Curry, and now KD are such a perfect storm of preening personalities. We may never see a more image-obsessed crew in sports.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

**** the Grizzlies too

4. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Kerr is probably the most blatant "try-hard" coach in the league.

5. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I sometimes rehearse what I would say to he, Steph, and Draymond if given the chance..

[​IMG]

Exiled likes this.
  6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I don't know how to respond to something this idiotic but i'll try. Just taking one stat like RPM, Klay is 24th among shooting guards, KD is #1 among SF. KD is 2nd overall among all players, Klay is 145th. What is your logic in Klay > KD?

7. what

what Member

Marc Gasol is having his best year. The guy is playing off the charts.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Plus, his 60 point game recently confirms that he's one of the best catch-and-shooters in league history.

It also continues to reinforce the idea that he is a product of circumstance.

I mean, 11 dribbles, 90 seconds to score 60 points? That tells us a lot. What a weapon.... but what a perfect team to make that possible.

http://clutchpoints.com/klay-thompson-11-dribbles-90-seconds-60-points/

I won't deny the Warriors being one of the greatest offensive teams ever, but that plus their supreme self-aggrandizement makes it SO SWEET to see them lose.

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

No is not! Stats don't mean s***! Kevin Durant is a scum, overrated loser, who quit on his former team because he's a vagina. Klay Thompson is the best shooting guard in the league since Michael Jordan. He shoots lights out and wins when it matters! You're the sore loser here!:rolleyes:

10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

In all seriousness, I never really liked Kevin Durant. He always got exposed against good teams. I never understood the hype on him. He is not "the franchise" player compare to LeBron James and Kobe. Dude always got hammered when it mattered.

11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

They are both complete duchebags but one guy is an MVP superstar and one is a roleplayer....

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

A better version of TMac

Rocket River

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

LOL @ Kevin Durant "overrated". Look, hate the team, love the Rockets win against them, but just stop

14. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Durant is not overrated, put him on the Rockets and we're likely favorites to win the championship. Kerr definitely is an overrated coach however.

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Jordan's tool became TNT's tool became the Suns' tool became a Warrior tool? No way!!??

I hate Kerr, but he knows the triangle in and out. He's a former GM and he let his quality big men go in the triangle syestem. His lack of value for what his bigs do is appalling. Teams that win 73 games don't need adjustment. They don't need KD. If you're the head of the best regular season team ever, speak up and don't take any flak from anybody that challenges you. You won more games in a season than anyone ever. How did they become such a weak team in the "unbeatable" department? Nothing in the middle is a weakness. Zaza and Draymond are nothing in the rim protector realm.

Good luck, Kerr, you'll need it.

16. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

This has been debated numerous times already... but look at where the Warriors were under Mark Jackson: same exact roster but perennial first round fodder.

A lot people think the Warriors don't even need to be coached. They're like a machine that runs itself. It wasn't like that under Jackson. Kerr built this machine.

17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Not the same roster. They had david lee starting and he got replaced by green. Lee is basically corey brewer bad except he was playing 35 min

18. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I think you can argue it either way. Klay is a rare breed and that is the two way player. Some people and people who are ex-players like Klay more than Curry because Curry is such a liability on the defense. My point is only that it is a slam dunk and I do think it is worth debating. I have always hated Draymond and thought he was overrated but I have to say, he came to play in the finals and when Curry disappeared and was owned by Lebron, Draymond was the guy that kept them in it. I was impressed by that and for me that was a difficult pill to swallow since I hate Draymond.

Also, when I mention defense I'm talking on ball defense which doesn't do well in the statistics arena.

19. joomba

joomba Member

Klay is not a two-way player. I can go in depth about how his defense is vastly overrated, but when is the last time he really locked anyone down? Even in last year's playoffs, the players he guarded (Irving, Westbrook, Lillard, etc.) all put up BETTER numbers against him than they did in previous rounds. Klay plays diligent defense, that doesn't mean it's elite.

Now, by all measures, Draymond is clearly an elite defender. Even by just watching his games, you can definitely tell that he impacts the game like no one else on the defensive side of the ball. I actually think Draymond could be better than Kawhi, but that's just me.

In the end, Klay shoots way too inconsistently to make up for his lack of rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, or anything else that other players do to help his team win. Even after that monster 60 point game, Klay is barely averaging 22 ppg on 38% 3PT in 33.7 minutes per game. If you compare his numbers to Eric Gordon's per 36 minutes basis, they look eerily similar :

Klay Thompson : 23.5 ppg / 38.7% 3PT / 3rd in total 3s made / 3.9 rpg / 2.3 apg

Eric Gordon : 19.7 ppg / 41.7 3PT / 2nd in total 3s made/ 3.4 rpg / 3.0 apg

At the moment, Eric is taking three fewer shots than Klay, so that makes up for the average point differential. Not to mention that Gordon also plays some decent defense too. Even if we agree that Klay is slightly better than Eric on both ends, do we ever bring Eric's name up with regards to discussing top 10 player?

It's ridiculous right? But, what is so different about Klay really?

If you ask me, Draymond is the third best player on that Warriors team and I would put him around top 15. I'm not even sure Klay is definitely better than DeRozan or Butler, and they both are having career seasons, so Klay should compete for the top 20 spot before even thinking entering top 10 territory.

20. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Well it was Kerr who put green into the starting lineup and played to his strengths. If Jackson were still coaching, Green would be out of the league by now.