1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Francis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jopatmc, Feb 15, 2007.

1. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Elton Brand, Andre Miller, Odom, Baron Davis, Rip Hamilton, Shawn Marrion, Jason Terry, Magette, Artest, Posey, Kirelinko... I would have NEVER thought that these players would have better careers than francis.

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i wouldn't put posey or magette in that list, but your point is true.

rudy made steve francis. :)

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Are you kidding me?

He was selected as an All-Star more times than every player you mentioned with the expection of Marion (tied at three) and has better career averages than just about every player you listed.

CAREER AVERAGES.......

Francis: 18.5 PPG, 6.2 APG, 5.7 RPG, 1.5 SPG, 43% FG, 34% 3-pt, 80% FT

VS. GUARDS

Davis: 16.3 PPG, 7.2 APG, 4.0 RPG, 1.87 SPG, 41% FG, 32% 3-pt, 67% FT
    Miller: 14.1 PPG, 7.6 APG, 4.2 RPG, 1.4 SPG, 45% FG, 21% 3-pt, 80% FT
    Terry: 15.8 PPG, 5.3 APG, 2.9 RPG, 1.38 SPG, 44% FG, 38% 3-pt, 84% FT

VS. FORWARDS/SWINGMEN

Hamilton: 18.0 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 3.2 APG
    Kirilenko: 13.2 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 2.5 BPG, 1.5 SPG
    Odom: 15.9 PPG, 8.6 RPG, 4.6 APG
    Brand: 20.3 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 2.1 BPG
    Marion: 18.7 PPG, 10.1 RPG, 1.89 SPG
    Artest: 15.2 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 2.1 SPG
    Maggette: 15.0 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 2.0 APG,
    Posey: 9.5 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 1.23 SPG

Obviously with his dwindling health he isn't as good as he once was and clearly most players on that list are better than him RIGHT NOW given his situation but let's not get ridiculous here. It's funny how quickly people can forget things. :eek:

4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Im one of Steve's biggest fans.

But, the players I mentioned All atleast still play.

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I hear you, i'm one of his biggest fans too. The problem is this mundane detail does absolutely nothing to backup your claim that those players have had better careers than Francis.

6. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

No I agree, the timing of Stevie's announcement is somewhat suspect. He tells the world he might be at a career ending moment with tendinitis in his knee one day after the trade deadline is over. This stops any chance the Knicks have of dealing him with his high salary. This basically leaves the Knicks with two choices. Leave him on your bench and keep paying him while he takes up a valuable roster slot or buy him out and get another pg.

Knicks are going to buy out Franchise and he won't be playing for the Knicks by the end of the season. If there is a buyout, Franchise will be like Chris Webber. He can miraculously have a knee recovery and tell the world he feels great. Most likely, Francis will not play anymore this season and gets the off season to improve his conditioning, his knee and his story. It'll allow him to pick and choose an NBA team to play with.

On the flip side...he could always be telling the truth. Which is it?

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

steve played last night. maybe he just has knee problems.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He actually just had a huge game off the bench a few hours ago, he and Marbury combined for 60-somethig points vs. ATL. He even looked a bit like his old self, driving and getting the "and-1" in OT a few times.