1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sterling Brown Police Incident

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tmacfor35, May 23, 2018.

1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Wait people are really defending the cop's actions here? So blinded by bias they can't even admit when police f*ck up?

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Because hiring people with no education, experience, in a safe job with retirement and a monopoly on violence will be incredibly tough.

How can the private sector fill all those jobs without the government giving everyone qualified immunity?

You're a funny guy. Not sure what is more delusional, the idea that they will fire "bad cops" or the idea "bad cops" wouldn't tase you just as quickly as a black guy.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

There is not crime, infraction, slight or offense. . . .that is so small . .. that a cop won't kill/main/beat/hurt you for . . . .. . .

Rocket River

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Scumbags like most unfortunately. The good are far and few between.

That's coming from someone who has several (7 at last count) LEOs in my extended family. As a family member who knows my family well, most of those 7 are big time douche bags LOL!?! A couple (2) of them are good kind people who signed up for good reasons and from a great place. I can also tell you that those two have done their thing but the others have progressed like you wouldn't believe. Wife and I always joke that the bigger the ass the higher your ceiling in LE.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This is pretty much my experience with law enforcement friends and family as well.

I'll never forget the sense of disillusionment I felt when I saw that one of my former co-workers had been hired onto HPD.

Guy was a total idiot and a hot head to boot. Seeing him with a gun and badge was so upsetting.

Felt the same way when I saw some of the dumbest people I went to high school with turn around and start teaching 5th grade and up at the tender age of 23.

ipaman likes this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

Just down right shameful.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

NEWSFLASH anytime you talk to a cop they are only thinking about the future and how it can be twisted against you. This is how they are trained and groomed to operate. They have a disdain for everyones rights and dignity, not just minorities.

Violence, intimidation, lies, threats of arrest, just another day. Until their qualified immunity is removed nothing will changed, not even with cameras.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

This whole time I thought the incident was with the actor from This is Us, People vs. OJ, etc. until that letter mentioned the Milwaukee Bucks. I did find it weird that the actor would be hanging out in Milwaukee.

10. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

This is really sad. He wasn't doing anything, they knew who he was and were on a power trip.

Ironically in any other profession, the offending employees (police officers) would just be fired.

I think Police and Teachers Unions allow bad apples to stay as there is no fear of being fired unless
    you do something horrendous.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a teacher who is a member of a Teacher's union that isn't true in our district which is the second largest in the United States.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Professional liars.

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

You teach in Los Angeles Unified? OMG!

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Proudly.