1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Curry: Will finish his career as...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 24, 2016.

?

Stephen Curry will finish his career as?

1. One of the best players of all time

47.6%
  2. The best player of all time

6.8%
  3. One of the best shooters of all time

17.1%
  4. The best shooter of all time

55.4%
  5. One of the best 3 point shooters of all time

13.7%
  6. The best 3 point shooter of all time

44.4%
  7. One of the best ball handlers of all time

22.9%
  8. The best ball handler of all time

3.6%
  9. One of the best point guards of all time

28.9%
  10. The best point guard of all time

7.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Fundamental

Fundamental Rookie

already the greatest shooter, but time will tell if he sustains his current level of success

2. omgTHEpotential

Could you tell me how many players in NBA history have averaged 20 or more PPG, with a TS% of .650 or higher?

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

And PER, which has guys like Bruce Bowen in single digits practically every year, isn't?

4. Icehouse

Could you tell me how many players in NBA history won a title while leading their team in points, rebounds and assists while also being their go to defender?

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He sure had some great teammates in Cleveland....who went into the lottery as soon as he left.

Seriously the east was a garbage dump for the entire decade - nobody else had playoff runs like LeBron, or even came remotely close at the same period. Or ever has ever in any era.

That's worth something, regardless of the crappy east.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

sure np. basketball reference has a search feature that makes finding stats really easy.

For some reason my attempt to embed the data isnt working, so ill just post the link, http://www.basketball-reference.com...&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ts_pct

There has been only 14 instances of a player avg over 20 points per game playing at least 60 games that season with a TS% over 64%

Dantley is the closest to Curry's current 30.7 at 685% with an avg of 30.6 points per game and a 652%

Under 30 points the closest is Barkley at 28, 25 and 23 at around 66%

Durants mvp campaign also is up there at 28 and 647%

8. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Steph is an amazing shooter but let's not forget, he's been in the league for 7 years and only until Draymond Green joined the team did the Warriors become relevant. Honeslty, if not for Green doing everything but score like crazy, the Warriors would probably be around the same as the Clippers.

1 person likes this.
  9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

The Warriors' turnaround had less to do with Draymond Green and more to do with trading away Monta Ellis and allowing Curry to lead the team.

10. Icehouse

Ellis left GS in 2012. GS didn't become a title contender until Green replaced Lee and Iggy went to the bench, two seasons later.

11. wekko368

wekko368 Member

He didn't say "title contender". He said "relevant". In the 2013 season, the Warriors' first season without Ellis and with a healthy Curry, they went to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

12. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Steph Curry is on pace to break the 3-point record by 40 percent.

A cross-sport equivalent? Mike Trout launching 102 homers.

13. Mr. Dominant

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I think part of what nobody wants to talk about in these discussions is how much not only the game, but players, have evolved. Look at this 'highlight reel'. Instead of asking if guys would be dominant in that era, why hasn't anyone asked if Oscar Robertson would be dominant in this era?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cPdQ7EhCYa8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That awful form and elongated shot. Those terrible opponents. Does that look like a superstar in today's game? Michael Beasley would be Michael Jordan against those guys.

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I mean, watching it again, his 'highlight reel' is nothing more than normal plays from ANY NBA game these days.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Westbrook is so overrated.

His defense is not good.

He just plays at a crazy pace and is a freak athlete.

He goes 200 mph all the time so it looks like he's really good at certain things. Iv watched the past couple of OKC games and the more I watch the less impressed with him I become.

I really don't think he could lead a team to the playoffs by himslef without KD he gets burned by a lot of PGs and gets lost almost as much as harden on back door cuts.

His 3pt shooting is awful he's going to fall hard when he loses some of his athletic ability.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I would pick harden over him all day especailly when u factor in injury history.

He's holding okc back from being great. KD is so good if he played with a more reliable shooter and smarter player the thunder would be better than GS imo.

I know this thread isn't about what I'm talking about but I really do believe that harden and KD is a championship combo. There games are tailor made for each other harden can actually hit open looks.

On curry if he keeps this up for another 5 years and wins the title this year and atleast one more he's top 10 player alltime no question. I think he will end up with more rings than lebron.

KD can change currys dhapionship window if he comes to a team with a differnt superstar and Houston outside of GS is the only place he can team up with a certified mvp talent who is young. They could win 2-3 titles together over the next 6 years imo.

17. tksense

tksense Member

You forgot San Antonio. Yeah they got kawhi and Aldridge, so front court is full. But, young MVP talent the Spurs has.

If kd considers GS, then Spurs is possible too, and he won't get ridiculed.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe he should join LeBron in Cleveland. :p

19. Mr. Dominant

Anybody think GS can lose just one more game before the season ends and finish 76-6?

20. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

This is why Curry shoots such a high percentage at the rim. You're taking away his space at 30-35 feet out in fear of his shooting. Then you add their shooters on the wings and you have a defense that's spread out way too far to recover. It's a perfect storm on offense. The defense doesn't stand a chance.