1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith: "Harden and Butler have been communicating"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Is it a surprise they've been talking? lol

Butler hasn't opted out. That article was titled wrong. It was just reported as a rumor that he is opting out unless something drastic happens.

We still know nothing. Even if Butler was eyeing an opt-in and trade to Houston, the first step of that process would be.... to create the threat of walking from the Sixers i.e. say he's opting out without saying he's re-signing.

Still a long shot, but tbh I have a good feeling about this long shot for once.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why is Harden communicating so well off the court and in the Offseason but not that well with CP3?

amaru and Amel like this.
  4. finsraider

finsraider Member

3 way trade with Butler opting in and Capela going to a 3rd team.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

I don't see it happening but if the Rockets could add Horford and Butler for Capela, Nene, Gordon and draft picks..... I would really like our chances. We would be really stout defensively and we would still have the MLE to add someone like JaMychal Green.....

Horford/Green/Butler/Harden/Paul

Tucker to the bench.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Because he knows exactly what we need, and it has little/nothing to do with CP3.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That would be a strong defensive team for sure. You would also have shooting at all 5 starting positions.

treyk3 and Nook like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Harden and Paul communicate find.

Paul wants to run the offense more.

Harden points out that he can no longer blow by his man to run the offense.

Discussion stops.

Expect the Rockets to add some sets specifically for Chris Paul and the Rockets to get Paul more time running the second unit.

Also there is discussion of the Rockets cutting Harden's minutes 2-3 a game with some DNP rest games. That will give Paul some more time to run the offense.

They will figure it out...... both Harden and Paul are hard headed and proud.

9. Nook

Nook Member

Assuming relative health for the playoffs, how good do you think that team is?

My concerns are rebounding to an extent and the bench..... we would still have to have someone that can play back up point competently so Paul and Harden can play less minutes. Still would be without a long 3, but I guess no team is perfect.

I think it is a top 3 defensive team if the bench is "okay" and the DC isn't a moron.

10. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Reading the tea leaves of all the reports, seems like some version of this is on Rockets' board of best case scenario, at least the Horford/Butler part. I personally could see Tucker starting over Green, but all three of those guys taking up all of the big minutes depending on matchups. This would be perfect for Rockets given it'd mean all 48 minutes of 5 players being able to shoot 3s.

Amel likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

I think Green would start because of Tucker's age and his ability to cover the back up 3/4 minutes. When Tucker comes in and we go small, Green shifts to the 5.

Like I said, I don't see it happening and I certainly am not expecting it. However that team would be arguably the best team in the NBA and the toughest as well.

Huncho Bean, Vivi, SC1211 and 2 others like this.
  12. TheSource

TheSource Member

If we did a sign and trade for butler and shipped out CP3 to philly would that still hard cap us?

13. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Why do you hate fun

biff17 likes this.
  14. rockets13champs

Morey confirmed the drama today on Golic and Wingo. He states that he believes the reason for this drama is because we have great competitors. But Morey doesn’t think the drama means they wanna split.

15. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

This is something I do believe is happening and has been.

Harden has been very very quiet this off season so far. Wasn’t even seen at fashion week in Milan which he ALWAYS goes to.

16. TheSource

TheSource Member

Stephen A is ripping into the rockets right now on his radio show

amaru likes this.
  17. TheSource

TheSource Member

Still reiterating that CP3 is not happy in Houston.

amaru likes this.
  18. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

It makes no difference if we cannot afford him.

s3ts likes this.
  19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Stephen A is openly discouraging Butler from coming to Houston. "It would be a disaster."

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

House Rockets and D-rock like this.