1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: "Deandre Jordan wants to be traded to the Houston Rockets"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James Hardashian, Jan 16, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This whole thing is built around this weird belief that DeAndre would give up like $20 million to be here. You have people suggesting he'd sign for MLE or less money.

I think they believe you trade for him this year, he opts out, you re-sign him for like $8 million or something.

Not realistic at all.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I agree, I don't think it's realistic at all.

To me the more likely scenario is they don't make any moves unless they find a way to deal Anderson for a shorter deal (even if the intent is to stretch as a release) or something like that. Offseason pursuit of Lebron is centered around a trade OR a longshot scenario where you clear the decks (including Tucker), renounce Ariza and then get Paul and Harden to both sign below market deals in the $20 million range. You could then use your MLE to try to re-sign either Ariza (now a true free agent) or Mbah a Moute. Of course with Mbah a Moute as a free agent you could hope he doesn't get any offers and he'll sign for the 1 year raise over the deal he has now, same with Gerald Green.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, I just don't see the Rockets moving Anderson. We don't know Morey's plan, but if it is to be roster flexible to get a chance at LeBron...he has to be cautious.

Tyson Chandler as a buyout addition would be gold.

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it isn't just about height, blocking is a talent

5. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Wesley Johnson resembles an alien

s3ts likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Need upgrade at PF more so than C. A 4 that can do more than shoot 3ball. PF also needs to rebound and rim protect like a madman. Trade for Aaron Gordon or Stanley Johnson.

Keep Clint and improve his back ups, trade Nerlens Noel.

These are more

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

..... likely than trading for LeBron or DJ.

8. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yeah, I'm not trying to stay here to discuss one failed dunk. I'm not trying to **** all over Capela either.

Seems that one dunk is all YOU give a **** about. Because you win one argument (that Wesley Johnson isn't TINY compared to Capela) you think Capela had a great game.

Nah, he had a bad game, for someone we all thought was an all-star this season. Voted for his ass about 11 times this season, as much as I could remember. Didn't even friggin matter.

Freethrows -- finally a logical argument to make. Although this season... they're making pretty much the exact same %...

9. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?