1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: CP3 is the biggest loser of the offseason. Thunder is better than Houston.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 25, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course hou would probably be better with melo but regardless houston is still a very good team without him. And for sure be a tough out for any team. we got better and added depth with versatility and defense. something you definitely need vs the top teams in the league.

flame morey for what. he didn't sit around and do nothing while the melo saga was going on.

roslolian and Manos like this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

Stephen A Smith is all about headlines. Remember none of these guys picked the Rockets to do anything last year. He was one of the MAIN guys who said MDA wasn't a good coach and the Rockets wouldn't do anything. So they always make these predictions that are almost always wrong. What this REALLY says is "CP had a chance to team up with Lebron, and he'll pay for it". The national media is obsessed with Lebron, Golden State, the Lakers, Knicks and Russell Westbrook. Outside of that they don't spend any time covering any other teams much. They were low key hoping CP3 teamed with Lebron so they could cover another Cleveland vs GS finals match up.

Hui, roslolian and BigMaloe like this.
  3. lionaire

lionaire Member

Thank God these so-called experts have zero influence on how our season will actually go

napalm06, Raider17, roslolian and 4 others like this.
  4. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Was thinking about this yesterday. I guarantee you Maury went thru Harden and CP3. If they both sign off, it's a done deal.

HakeemOnlyFan, roslolian and Manos like this.
  5. illwil29

illwil29 Member

Flame him for talking about an arms race and when it came down to it acquiring that 3 rd star trying to play head games. Talk the talk and walk the walk. He should not say anything more on twitter

6. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

well max kellerman has gone on record and saying he doesn think harden is a top 10 player( espn has fallen off a cliff). thats why i watch fs1

Manos and Pen15clubber like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

umm yeah he obviously was trying to get that 3rd start but not at the expense of making your team worse. hes never been known to panic like that and thats why hes one of the best gm's in the league.

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Man I miss Skip Bayless on ESPN

9. kevtse

kevtse Member

I still don't believe three ballhogs on the same side will work out. We will see.

MONON, Space Ghost and Stormy1234 like this.
  10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

They may be better, but I still have a tough time thinking any player will be better playing next to the black hole that is Russell Westbrook. Westbrook is effective only when his usage rate is through the roof...how is that going to go over with PG and Melo? I guess we’ll see.

HakeemOnlyFan, dje243 and Manos like this.
  11. Progs

Progs Member

SAS is on Melo's payroll. His job is to up sell him nationally. Also, don't expect Melo to be Hoodie Melo. Just remember all those vids of Dwight working on his game during the summer and he's the same trash player when the regular season begins.

Daddy Long Legs and Pen15clubber like this.
  12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

You forgot to tag @swyyyguy

13. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I was actually really bummed this weekend until I read this. We sometimes forget what we already have here. Eric Gordon was absolutely a better, more effective player than Melo. Clint Capela is 23 years old. He had a historic season for someone his age last year and should improve by LEAPS by playing with CP3 and continuing the hard work he's put in so far. Then add the fact that we have at least 3 (3!) "switchable" defenders in Ariza, Prince, and PJ Tucker (and PJ and Trevor can hit that corner 3) and I think if he's rested and less burdened, Harden could be one of those "switchy" defenders, too.

I know we wish were free of Anderson, but he is a guy that can space the floor (on the road) at the 4 spot. This is a damn good team. Just take our top 4 vs. their top 4... which would you rather have? Then add in that their 5th best player is Pat Patterson and he's already hurt, while our 5th best guy is PJ Tucker. Hell, I think Ryan Anderson is better than the 6th best player on the OKC roster... Jerami Grant? Alex Abrines? Their 6-10 is trash...

Would you rather?

Westbrook
    PG-13
    Melo
    Adams

or

Paul
    Harden
    Gordon
    Clint

I'll take the best point of his generation, the owner of the best offensive season in the modern era, last year's 6th man of the year, and a 23-year old stud in the making that has improved his game drastically each off-season.

We're fine... eff Melo. Eff OKC. Eff Screamin' A. Smith.

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Sup?

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Your trash

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

WHy are you bumping your own threads, dumbass?

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Dog ****

Manos, Reeko and BigMaloe like this.
  18. treeman

treeman Member

Silly me, I thought CP3 came to Houston to play with Harden. You know, because Harden is and was at the time actually on the team...

It seems to me that if CP#'s goal was to play with Melo he would have waited to see where Melo actually ended up. No?

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This will likely get flamed but I don't think he's inaccurate. On paper, I think OKC is better. We might win more regular season games, but I think they're the slightly better playoff roster. But that's why they play the games. We'll see.

I don't blame Morey, though. If the price was Ariza and Gordon like it was said, then the Rockets would be a worse team. Morey did not "drop the ball". The Knicks just chose not to gift wrap Melo to Houston like they decided to gift wrap him to OKC. That's not Morey's fault.

And I don't believe CP3 came to Houston to play with Melo. If this was the case, then that would have been relayed to Morey and Harden, and Morey would not have given up so much to the Clippers to bring in CP3. No chance. Assets like Dekker or Beverley or the pick would have been saved in order to facilitate the Melo trade.

#39 J Sizzle, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    Deuce, swyyyguy and Cash Cam like this.
  20. illwil29

illwil29 Member

To each is own, only time will tell. We will see who is better equipped in the playoffs. I hope our rockets do well, but my expectations are lower now.

swyyyguy likes this.