1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starbucks closing stores after 2 black men arrested

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Invisible Fan, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I find it amusing how the elitist eat this crap up but ignore the abuse Starbucks puts their employee's through. They are worse than Walmart.

Speaking of crappy work conditions, Starbucks is shutting down for training ...and considering most of these employees will have quit before the end of next month. This is why I can't buy Starbucks garbage.

2. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Lol...or she did ask and was given directions to the ladies room. But sure, always assume EVERY other possibility first before racism.
    See how easy that is??

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They do give healthcare as a benefit to their workers, but yeah, working in food service is usually crap for eeking out a living wage.

I can enjoy a third wave craft coffee at a barista, but I'll admit to being a cheap caffeine junky.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, is that based on anything? Of course not. You would rather invent a fantasy just to keep the racism narrative alive than to accept the fact that the Starbucks employees did nothing wrong.

5. macho GRANDE

No it's not based on anything. Just assuming like you are. And your assumptions are no more valid than mine are.
    And again, IF the Starbucks employees were within their rights and chose to ask the two black gentlemen to leave while allowing the white lady to stay under the same circumstance then fine. That's what happens. That's the way it goes. That's the privilege afforded to some. No argument there.

Only difference is that you assume she wasn't seen by the staff. I assume that she was.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

She didn't order anything and if i'm not mistaken there was also a guy in there that was just using the wifi that didn't order anything BGT let's just call it what it was color ism nothing more.And if you watch the video they didn't refuse to leave they asked why was they being asked to leave while waiting on another friend to meet them there.You being the person that your are i know that you have went to places that you were waiting on a friend or associate to show up and didn't place your order till they arrived come on man stop with the nonsense and call this what it is.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  7. macho GRANDE

Preach

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

See that's where you're wrong, I'm assuming nothing, just going on what is known. You are inventing a fantasy so that you can keep a racism narrative alive. So yeah, my facts are a LOT more valid than your fantasy.

What you are essentially saying is that since a cop pulled over one person when there were 3 people speeding, and the one person that was pulled over was black, it has to be racism.

When you talk about the video, that wasn't shot till after the cops were already there and after they had been told to leave by the cops and refused. Before the video they had been asked to leave multiple times by the manager and refused.

You have no right to be in any private business, especially when you aren't even a customer so when you talk about them waiting for a friend, that's irrelevant. I guess a lot of you live in the sticks and have never run into places that require you to be a customer to take up their space, but I can just suggest that you get out more and travel more. It's a very common thing, hell at a fairly popular Houston spot House of Pies they require you to order a certain dollar value worth of whatever every hour to remain...and it's not wrong for them to ask you to leave if you are taking up their tables "waiting for friends".

If you stick to the facts, the only people we know for a fact did something wrong were the 2 guys that were arrested. Everyone else just did their job.

9. edwardc

edwardc Member

The truth is what it is

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

Dude open your eyes stop watching fox news and believing the nonsense just cause they say it's not happening doesn't mean that it isn't these types of things happen daily.

11. macho GRANDE

The only reason that I entered this game this evening is because of this quote written as fact. This is an assumption. No way around that (now that's a fact ;) )

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You say this while ignoring what actually happened in favor of buying into a fantasy.....if you have any argument that is based on the facts instead of one that relies on fantasy I'll listen, but so far I haven't seen it.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's a statement based on all available facts. Your narrative is based on a fantasy you dreamed up because you can't base your narrative on available facts. There is no evidence that they knew the woman was there without buying anything, but you don't have a point unless you dream up a scenario where they did know about it.

14. macho GRANDE

What available fact stated that she even existed? You validated her when you stated that the staff did not see her loitering for as long as, if not longer than the two black gentlemen had been. And stated that as a fact.
    Did you just make that up to support your stance?

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's based on what others at the coffee shop said, so you are right, it might have been a fiction invented to push the racism narrative. I gave it the benefit of the doubt that those people weren't lying and that she really did exist. That said even with me being charitable by assuming they told the truth, there's still no evidence that any of the staff saw her or that she wasn't in a larger group of paying customers. The only thing we know for sure is that these 2 guys weren't paying customers and they drew attention to themselves by asking to use the restroom and that's what got the manager's attention on them....not their race. Also, you seem to not realize policies like that are VERY common in densely populated areas, it's not something they made up just to **** on these 2 guys.

Also, who goes to Starbucks just to hang out and not to buy anything? Serious question.

I mean, all they had to do was buy something and it's no big deal. Why the hell were they even there if not to buy some kind of drink or food?

16. macho GRANDE

I guess to rob the place, burn it down, an overall rape and pillage.

Or meet with a friend.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Right, to loiter as non-customers which is against the rules at that location. I mean I get that's what they were doing, I was asking really why the hell would that be a thing? Is that some new version of being a mallrat?

18. macho GRANDE

Who knows? I do know what it got them though. Gotta stay in your lane sometimes. Can't be doing what everyone else is doing. That's just the way it is.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In this instance they SHOULD have been doing what everyone else was doing, in fact, if they had, there's no issue at all. Instead they decided to break the rules then be a dick about it when they were told to leave by the manager and then when told to leave by the cops.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I find it amusing that no one can be upset with something until they're upset about what you think they should be upset about.