1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starbucks closing stores after 2 black men arrested

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Invisible Fan, Apr 17, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Nobody is really taking Bobby’s bait so far

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's fine if it's a general policy. I think the difference is if the policy wouldn't be enforced should a couple of clean-cut, white, preppy guys were waiting to meet someone, but it was enforced when the people were waiting were these two minority gents.

I'm not saying that was the case because I don't know.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Bro, I couldn't care less what you drink. McDonalds and Starbucks are both trash coffee IMO. If I had to pick one over the other, I'm also choosing McDonalds.

My issue was with you claiming McDonalds having the most respected coffee in the industry lmao.

We are talking coffee here and its just like any other type of food/beverage. If you are used to drinking cheap liquor, then a nice 18 year old scotch will not be appreciated by someone like you. If you are used to eating Taco Bell and have never been to Steak 48, then you don't realize what you are missing out on.

There is a yuuuuge variety in quality of coffee. I don't know what you mean by McDonalds spending a lot on its beans. What is a lot? McDonalds probably spends about $.25 - $.50 cents on a pound of coffee and roasts the hell out of it. A Panama Geisha or Yemeni coffee from a craft roaster can be well over $100 a pound.

4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Definitely would like to know more about the asking to leave part, and what all transpired.

As for some people online who question the bathroom policy, have they never left Katy? I thought this policy was pretty much a given at any store in urban American cities, and pretty much ubiquitous in the rest of the world. o_O

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What bait?

I didn't say anything even remotely controversial.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

Your right Starbucks did nothing wrong just one of there stupid *ss managers did something wrong.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, he really didn't. There's nothing wrong with asking non-customers to leave, and there's nothing wrong with calling the police if the non-customers refuse to leave.

Effectively the only people that did anything wrong at any point was the guys who refused to leave upon being given informed by the police that they had to go.

I mean, none of this is new and none of this is wrong.

8. DOYG86

DOYG86 Member

yeah McDonald's coffee is the best in the industry. seriously? lol

R0ckets03 likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

DreamShook and DOYG86 like this.
  10. DOYG86

DOYG86 Member

lawls :)

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is there a part of what I said that you find in any way controversial? I mean, there really shouldn't be.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I bet folks are asked to leave daily. These victims decided they wanted to make the news.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For sure they are, and that seems likely. Otherwise, they would have just left when the cops showed up. They wanted to be arrested so they could get on the news. This kind of policy is just a reality for small stores in highly populated areas, you don't want non-customers taking up the little space you have set aside for customers or using the facilities you have set aside for customers.

Anyone with a fully functioning brain understands this intuitively. It takes a special kind of special to not get that.

deadlybulb likes this.
  14. R0ckets03

Next time I go to Starbucks to meet a friend, I'll make sure I wait outside like a good doggy till the friend shows up and we are ready to order.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What is so great about Panama Geisha?

Expensive Scotch is expensive because of the distilling process. Expensive liquor is much smoother than cheap liquor

These expensive coffees sounds like something people buy to show they have money just doing a quick Google search

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

There was another lady in there whom had been sitting there much longer than they were that hadn't bought anything either she wasn't asked to leave nor was she arrested those guy did nothing different than she did but be black.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, it was because she didn't get caught being in there without ordering anything. If she had, she'd have been asked to leave, if she refused, the cops would have been called, if she refused to leave when the cops told her to, she'd have been arrested. This is like b****ing about getting a speeding ticket when others were speeding too.

18. R0ckets03

LOL...you keep drinking McDonalds bro. I am not here to give you a lesson in coffee. Coffee is a lot more then grinding beans and pouring water over it.

Good coffee starts with a good quality green bean. Trust me, the chains aren't using quality coffee beans. Then you have to profile it and roast it to bring to the forefront its finer nuances. Then comes the way you grind it. Then comes the type of water you use to brew it. Then the way you brew it. And quite a few steps in between that you won't even comprehend.

If you think McDonalds can give you the same coffee as one brewing a locally roasted Mount Kenya at home with a proper burr grinder and type of water in a pour over like Chemex then I really don't know what to say. Good and properly made coffee is absolutely much smoother then cheap crap you are getting from McDonalds or Dunkin or Starbucks. You've just never had it so you don't know.

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm surprised no one is taking issue with the "racial bias education training". That sounds like college leftist indoctrination right there.

Have you ever been asked to leave an establishment?

20. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

That's the idea of implicit bias. It really doesn't have anything to do with the guys reactions. If the Starbucks manager 9 out of 10 times would go to the black guys and ask them to leave instead of the random white woman, that's implicit bias on the manager's part.