1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

The STORY in the prequels is good. The execution of the story in the prequels is hit or miss at best.

I actually didn't mind Episode 7 one bit. I though it was sort of a palette cleansing reset to establish new characters with a familiar story. Not the best, but certainly not the worst. Episode 8 and 9 are cluster Fs. Episode 9's story is so nonsensical it defies logic that it was made.

How in the F does Disney allow their multi billion dollar franchise sequel trilogy NOT HAVE AN OVER ARCHING STORY BOARD! You basically get competing directors trying to over write each other with terrible results.

Add into the fact that there are big time rumors that Episode 9 was supposed to be a Ben Solo driven story, and he was supposed to be saved to become the Last Skywalker until Kathleen Kenney forced 20 minutes of screen time cut from Adam Driver so she could make Mary Sue the fake Skywalker....ugh.

BTW: Rogue One is great. Solo is actually pretty good and gets overshadowed.

Thank God Disney has basically handed over creative direction for future Star Wars stuff to Favreau, Filoni, and Lucas.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I wish the yoda vs palp fight was done differently. The way he lost was just not what I would envision it being if it was done right.

Yung-T and K mf G like this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Luckily Auralnauts fixed it all for us.

Yung-T and Buck Turgidson like this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LOL everyone is entitled to their opinion but this is false man, the prequels are not bad, it just became the cool thing to do. If you look at the originals they are cheesy af and if had to hold a candle to prior movies would be ridiculed. The sequels are so so so bad. Theres no story, it just woke ****

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Phantom Menace is god awful and I will take the sequels over that. The Last Jedi and the Rise of Skywalker are bad but they don't make me want to punch the screen like Phantom Menace.