1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

mikol13, KingCheetah and htownrox1 like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

or move away from the walking sky family. they're boring. maybe do a planet yoda series where there's a while planet of powerful yoda's kicking ass.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I hope this isn't true. Star Wars doesn't need a Multiverse. Marvel and DC are pushing this in their movie universes. Just recon some stuff and fix it that way.

I liked the movie. The issue is The Last Jedi, which turned it into a 'ragtag gang of rebels fighting the evil overlords' for no reason and was mostly a chase scene from a Star Trek episode.

The Yoda race is exceedingly rare. So they're either wiped out, the planet is a secret or they breed very rarely so the population of the Yoda race is in the thousands.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Bah...defund the Star Wars!

tinman likes this.
  5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I can see that, it was pretty damn good and definitely one of my favs.That said, I have a hard time going against Empire.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Just make the f'ing Thrawn trilogy.

Xerobull and Yung-T like this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

In theory, onboard with erasing Rise of Skywalker as that movie basically undid all the movies that preceded it. And it's also just a jumbled mess of a movie; the worst movie I'd seen in theaters since The Last Airbender.

But I'd rather them just move on. Start over with something else.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  8. mikol13

Supporting Member

I’d be good with this.

is this truly because they think the films are that bad, or just an easy way for a cash grab? Either way, I’m a sucker for OG Star Wars and it’s characters. I’m in.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. mikol13

Supporting Member

Wish they would have done that with the prequels. Lone bright spot was Ewan McGregor

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mang, there are already spinoffs.

I hardly remember Episode 1 to 3 existed.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yung-T and mikol13 like this.
  12. mikol13

Supporting Member

Just not enough screen time. We barely knew him.

We would have been better off with more character development, less CGI, and more models. I would have been good if the prequels were epic 3 plus hour long adventures to tell a more complete story. Maybe that’s just me.

Forgot to mention that the casting for the most part wasn’t great. It hurt the films as well.

#452 mikol13, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    daywalker02 likes this.
  13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

They kinda realized they ****ed up the lore and there's extreme backlash from the fans, plus decreasing profits for every movie since EP 8.

Everything about the prophecy and Vader redeeming himself was rendered useless by Palatine coming back.
    Rey was way too strong without real training and things like force healing mess up a lot of the old lore.

It was just too blatant that they didn't write the new trilogy out and just invented stuff on the fly, while not respecting the old material.

mikol13 likes this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They got to make interesting characters

Nobody cared about any of the new characters even the soccer ball R2

Yung-T likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

All I know is if they make the Thrawn trilogy it better be dark/ creepy and Ryan Gosling must play Han Solo.

tinman likes this.
  16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

No way this rumor has any truth. As much as I was disappointed by the lack of creativity, story and world-building of the ST, I would feel awful for the actors and people involved if they did this. Would be so disrespectful lol.

17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I'm not buying this since for one, it would involve a theory that probably wouldn't resonate well with average movie goers and would only confuse them, since the idea of multiverses in Star Wars hasn't ever been touched upon except in one episode of Rebels. And even in that episode, the idea of alternate universes was a little vague. Plus you're talking about resetting a trilogy that made over 4 billion dollars worldwide, more than any of the other trilogies by far, and that achieved largely positive reviews among critics and the silent majority. This is taking the idea of the Snyder Cut to a whole new level!

Aside from that, it's just dumb in my opinion. I've enjoyed all of Star Wars, flaws and all. The sequel trilogy was good, but not great, and was definitely the weakest of the three, primarily because it lacked cohesion. But might as well accept it for what it gave us, and move forward. Besides, Star Wars has grown way beyond the narrow framework of the Skywalkers, so why must we continue down that path and follow that one family? Look what we've recently discovered with projects like Solo (underrated), Rogue One (among the best of the franchise), Mandalorian (flawed at times but lots of potential), Rebels, Resistance, Fallen Order. There's a lot of story to tell in the Galaxy, no need to double dip.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

many successful actors have been in bad movies before

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Went down the rabbitt hole and found this.

WTF!

https://cosmicbook.news/disney-losing-confidence-captain-marvel-brie-larson-spider-man

"The YouTuber claims that Spider-Man was going to be used as a "second banana" to Captain Marvel, meaning she would have belittled Spidey in order to prop herself up. Spidey would have been the butt of jokes and would have brought much-needed humor to Carol Danvers. It's also said Captain Marvel would have humiliated Spider-Man in order to promote Disney's PC feminist agenda that shows females as being better than males.
    Regarding Sony, the YouTuber claims that "unfortunately for Marvel," Sony has other plays for Spider-Man, plans that don't involve Spidey being second-best and "a cuck" to Brie Larson and Captain Marvel."

Some people take this way too seriously.

KingCheetah likes this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Even the new non humans were terrible
    Mas what’s her name
    Soccer ball
    Snoke

just bad