1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars Episode II title released!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BrianKagy, Aug 6, 2001.

Tags:
  1. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

They should have just left Star Wars alone! Leave it to greedy people to ruin a good thing.

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Darn, and I was hoping for <i>Episode 2: Anakin shows the Queen his Light Sabre</i>

I guess that wouldn't fit very well on a marquee, though

4. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

A-Train, I think you're referring to the Sex Trek series... i.e. Sex Trek II, The Wrath of Bob.

Why didn't they just name it Clone Wars? That movie would have to be 11 hours long... but I think it'd be worth it to cover it in detail. :)

If anybody's interested in the Star Wars novels, read Timothy Zahn's trilogy if you get a chance (Zahn, Zhan, whatever).

5. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I can't tell you how much of a fan I was during my childhood years of the first triology....I also can't tell you utterly disappointed I am...I was really looking forward to the second trilogy set, but I have been disappointed so far...Maybe I'm older and more cynical but the magic isn't there like before.

6. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

WEAK!!

Attack of the Clones?

I hope this is a working title and they change it at the last minute.

Is George Lucas losing it?

rH

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Attack of the Clones (If you think about all of the title are kind of descriptive names like this) should be to The Phantom Menace what Empire was to A New Hope. It will be a darker movie that will likely end with the dark side seemingly at a huge advantage. Plus Boba Fett should be returning. I thought Empire was ten times better than New Hope and so I still have high expectations for Ep II.

8. hitman21

hitman21 Member

You can't judge a book by it's cover, but "Attack of the Clones" blows. I agree with Achebe, it's about the Clone wars, why didn't they just call it the Clone Wars? With this title, the trailer had better be awesome.

9. Nomar

Nomar Member

"Return of the Jedi!!!"
    "Empire Strikes Back!!!"

Those sound similar to "Atack of the Clones!!!"

10. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well at least there's some chance they'll change the title. Back in 1983, Return of the Jedi was originally slated to be called Revenge of the Jedi. Maybe the howls of protest from all the Star Wars fans will get back to George "I'm so obsessed with the ******g special effects that I can't write a decent script to save my life" Lucas and he'll come to his senses.

11. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Considering that FOX is distributing the film, I'm surprised it isn't going to be called "Star Wars: When Clones Attack"

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

13. Tolpatcsh Verkinder

It sounds like a bad B-movie.

14. Band Geek Mobster

I think the difference between the first 2 and the last one is the name of the group doing the action. "Jedi" and "Empire" are cool names. "Clones" is boring and unoriginal.

Plus, the title "Attack of the [insert whatever]" has already been used in a more original way...

[​IMG]

15. Isabel

Isabel Member

aarrrggghhhh!!!!

I see a comparison here:
    Attack of the Clones
    Mars Attacks
    Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

Be very, very afraid. I was disappointed somewhat in The Phantom Menace, as it looked pretty but didn't capture the spirit of the originals, but could live with it. This just makes me wish the whole thing would be put out of its misery. I'm sure if this board was to have a title contest, even not knowing the plot of the movie, we'd come up with a few dozen better ones.

Let's all just forget there was anything before Episode IV.

16. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

I hope this is a working title and they change it at the last minute.

I wish, but no-- no working title, no "for now" designation. This is what George Lucas wants to call his next movie.

Plus Boba Fett should be returning

Not exactly. As with C3P0, Lucas has decided he needs to tell some of the backstory of another character whose background doesn't need embellishment.

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone so I won't offer details (unless you email me). I don't know anything you couldn't learn by visiting TheForce.Net, the clutchcity.net of StarWars sites.

I'm so obsessed with the ******g special effects that I can't write a decent script to save my life

Agree 100%.

in 1983, Return of the Jedi was originally slated to be called Revenge of the Jedi.

Yeah, but it wasn't changed because people didn't like it-- it was changed when Lucas realized that the Jedi wouldn't exactly be out there looking for revenge, given the way he'd portrayed them in the first two movies.

My final thought on the title is that it's ****ing stupid.

Wait, maybe I didn't phrase that precisely enough.

No, I did. It's ****ing stupid.

I don't buy the comparisons between the Empire, the Jedi, and "the Clones". The Empire is an autonomous "bad guy" group. It's what the good guys in the movies are fighing. The Jedi are essentially the symbol of the good guys in the original movies, so it makes sense they'd "return".

The Clones are a bunch of ****ing no-name soldiers sent off to die. It'd be like calling Episode I "The Battle Droids Attack".

Bite my crank, Lucas.

*******, he'll probably call the next Indiana Jones movie "Indiana Jones 4: Archaelogist Looks For Treasure".

17. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

ROTFLMAO :D :D

18. EddieGriffin

EddieGriffin Member

LOL. A friend of mine dragged me to a Trek convention 5 years ago and they had those videos there but that's the one title that has stuck in my mind. I thought it was hilarious.

As for "Attack of the Clones" I have to agree. That is just a horrible title.

19. Ren

Ren Member

Well as for the title,I agree it could be better,a whole lot better !!!

I think this will be a tear jerker episode for Star War fans,I think this will be the episode that shows the slaughter of most of the jedi knights and Yoda is run off.Could be wrong just my opinion.

I wasent really disapointed in Episode 1 but I didnt go to the theatre expecting it to be better than the originals!

20. buffalospeedway

perfect timing on this installment to come out seeing how this is a hot topic right now...

http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe/08/07/cloning/index.html

...and then the "Attack of the Clones."

not trying to give the wrong impression, i'm firmly against cloning, just think it's a funny contrast. if you go to cnn.com's front page, they're running the two stories side by side ("real" cloning next to "star wars" cloning).