1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs shoot 23.9% ... for the GAME

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2002.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Spurs are playing very poorly and they haven't been able to to beat the Lakers even when Shaq wasn't playing against them.I think it's going to be hard for Duncan to lead this team by himself to the Finals.The Kings have a much better chance as compared to them.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah. Pretty good point, especially in a thread about a game where one team shoots 23.9% and the other team shoots 33% and, despite going into overtime, both teams score under 75 points. Must be a thrill to watch :rolleyes:

Then, of course, there is the more logical argument that the Rockets were ALSO in the playoff hunt last year. Hakeem was no longer concerned about the team last year but only about himself. I love him for what he brought to this team and this city, but that's the plain and simple of it.

3. JAG

JAG Member

ok...let's see here...When it was first suggested that Hakeem wasn't attending Raptor games while hurt, that was used as proof of what a jerk he is...Then, when it was shown that he is attending Raptor games while hurt, that is shown as proof of what a jerk he is....Hmmm.....

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Oh I see. Hakeem should have known the game would be boring before he decided to show up. Even better point.

They were in the hunt for the playoffs for part of the year, yes. Whether each and every game that Hakeem missed last year and didn't decide to sit on the bench for had playoff implications is a different story. The Raptors aren't just in the playoff hunt either, they're already a playoff lock, and fighting for one of the top seeds in the East. Plus the place is packed every night, not dead last in attendance like the Summit was. Plus I'm sure whether someone decides to come to a game or not when they're injured has much to do with whether or not they feel they're a part of the team.

Okay shrink, thanks for the free diagnosis, I'm sure Hakeem appreciates it. I guess the Rockets have a habit of going after players that "aren't concerned with the team" then, given that Rice and Barkley have done the same thing in the recent past. Is it possible to be more dramatic about something so trivial?

5. Looogie

Looogie Member

Hakeem attends all the home games while he's injured, but not the Road ones. He stays in Toronto for rehab and physio.

As for the discussion about him going to the Raptors games and not the Rocket games last season, got to remember he was the Rockets and didn't really have to go to the games while injured. But now, he's trying to fit in, so its a different situation. Additionally, he was suffering from knee and blood clot problems. When you have those injuries, the worst thing you can do is sit down in a chair for 2 hours.

So lay off the guy

6. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

So Olajuwon's a "fairweather" player?

Great to see that. What a fraud Olajuwon has proven himself to be in Houston.

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

You should take your own advice. Chill out - freak.

8. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

If they are going to get paid even when injured I th ink they should have to come to the games. .. they dont come. shouldn't get paid for that game..