1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sportstalk Insider

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Colby, Jun 19, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Colby

Colby Member

Has anyone tried this new site? I enjoyed Sportstalk.com, so maybe this will be allright. I am not big on pay sites, for sports, but I fiend for more info.

------------------
    "Chucky who? I thought we were talking about basketball?" Charles Barkley

[This message has been edited by Colby (edited June 19, 2001).]

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Another good site to check out is:

http://insidehoops.com/

------------------
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.-
    Albert Einstein

3. Colby

Colby Member

Thanks Bob. Thats a good site, butI was mainly looking at Insider for Baseball, Major, Minor, and College.

I get more than enough, lots more of enough lately, from this site.

Wait, just like stocks, never too much info.

------------------
    "Chucky who? I thought we were talking about basketball?" Charles Barkley

4. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Look at SportsTerminal.com. You can customize it for your favorite sports, favorite pubs, and any other link you desire.

------------------
    "How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak. Because someday you will have been all of these."

5. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

I just signed up for a free 30-day trial membership at ESPN Insider. If I decide to stay a member after the trial period is over then my credit card is going to be billed $4.95 per month. They do give you a choice of a discounted yearly rate of $39.95 for a full 12 months or the aforementioned monthly rate.

As far as the content goes; there aren't many improvements that I can see over the original Sportstalk.com--maybe except for all the links offered to you. I would probably have to take a guess and say that they have every single sports link from city newspaper sites everyday. You will never run out of reading material. There are the NBA/MLB/NFL insider categories just like at the old Sportstalk.com site with no apparent changes at all. There are some insider columns from columnists around the net, but mostly from ESPN junior writers. At first glance, I am not sure whether or not I am going to cancel before my trial period is up or not.

If anything changes, I will post it here in this topic. You should go check it out for yourself...your credit card is not charged until the 30 day period expires and you can always cancel before that time.

------------------