1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sporting News - top 50 forwards

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by huby_n1, Sep 1, 2001.

1. huby_n1

huby_n1 Member

Here is the link: http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/brian_doolittle/20010831.html

"41. Eddie Griffin, Rockets, SF: His shot blocking and rebounding abilities make him a tempting pick. Being a good scorer, he is likely to get big minutes in the second half of the season.

46. Maurice Taylor, SF, Rockets: Scoring and shooting are his only strong suits. He is not much of a rebounder or shot blocker."

Both Griffin & Taylor made the list, 41 & 46 respectively.
    It's interesting how they listed Taylor as a small forward.

2. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

damn, Huby!
    I was this close to beating u out on this thread. But its all good!
    ;)

3. DocRiverPhoenixSunScreen@

Good link, but you forgot to mention its a list of top fantasy forwards. There is a distinct difference between that and a list of the top forwards in the game, IMHO.

4. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Huge Difference.

For example:Stevie F. the #2 guard in fantasy ratings.

5. Miggidy Markell

I can't believe they put Scottie Pippen on the list. And above Taylor and Griffin?? :eek: :confused:

6. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Why are you surprised?

Pippen is a lock to get more assists, steals & three-pointers than Griffin or Taylor. Also, his ppg will be similar, if not higher. Plus, he is arguably a better rebounder than Mo Taylor.

Overall, a better fantasy performer.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That list is a joke. If Rice averages just 12.5, 4, and 2.5 he will be a much better fantasy player than Outlaw who will be lucky to get 22mpg next season. I have a feeling they just forgot about Rice. You would have to be completely brainless if you place Rick Fox ahead of Glen Rice. Biggest joke since the Anderson contract.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why is it a joke? At least at this point in time, Outlaw is able to play basketball. It is not a certainty that Rice will be able to start the season.

9. drpepper

drpepper Member

Do ya'll think there will be a time when we'll have this line up on the floor?

5- Cato
    4-Taylor
    3-Griffin
    2-Rice
    1-Francis

I don't think we want to make the same mistake Charlette made with E. Rob. Let Griff. get used to prime time with his fair share of minutes. That would be a nice line up.:cool:

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Drpepper,I think its quite likely we will have this lineup in when we have to play against bigger players. However I think Mobley will start at the 2,with Rice at 3,and Griffin coming off the bench most of the time in the game.