1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

South Carolina cop charged with murder in black man's death

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheRealist137, Apr 7, 2015.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Dude, if westerns have taught me anything, it's that horse thievery is not looked kindly on.

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yes, because that's what ignorant people do. You do realize, Big Tex, that if someone is pouring muriatic acid into a pool with people in it, you do realize that, oh, gee, let me think, perhaps the guy could slip, and it could cause him to jerk him arm and hit someone in the face with it? You do realize that, oh, let's see, maybe he's pouring it, and it splashes against the edge and gets on someone?

What completely amazes me- as it would any sane person - is that you actually think it was OK what he did. That's like at the level of depravity. OK ,here's what a normal (albeit racist) person would do. "Hmm, black people in the white only pool. Must call police and let the police handle it." This guy's life wasn't in danger, and he wasn't pouring vinegar in there.

It leads me to believe that you are either an extremely callous individual or actually that stupid. This is a substance that can blind someone. This is a substance that could cause death.

You know what? I don't have to say one more word. Your words speak for themselves, dad.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If that scumbag horse thief had been in Texas he'd be really dead right now.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Are you actually a geezer or just sometimes pretend to be on a basketball BBS?

1 person likes this.
  5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

He got caught posting a picture without doing his homework on it, and I called him out. That's why he's so defensive.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Since when have you?

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You are flat dumb and anti Semitic at the same time.

I can't believe you fall for the Jews owned all the Slavs ship propaganda. You should research the Jewish population at the time. There weren't even enough living here to make a case that they owned most slaves.

I thought you were just schtick before but now I genuinely believe you are a neo nazi from storm front

1 person likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hmm, I probably started caring about justice around the age of 13 or 14, so an extremely long time ago. Thanks for asking.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess you only care for justice if someone is white.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL now that's just an incredibly stupid comment, c'mon, you're probably better than that.

11. dandorotik

first of all, i didn't write BS backpedal. Secondly, yes, I'm older- not old. Thirdly, all you have to know about this is that Big Texxx think it was OK for someone to pour muriatic acid in a pool full of people.

I'll repeat that- Big Texx thinks it was justified to pour muriatic acid in a pool of people.

MSDS - Material Safety Data Sheets for muriatic acid
    Hasa Pool
    http://www.whatsinproducts.com//file...tic Acid.pdf
    Sunnyside Corp

Sources:
    Crown Muriatic Acid at Lowe's
    TransChem Muriatic Acid at some Ace Hardware stores
    Sunnyside Muriatic Acid at Mendards
    Other sources: Any hardware, building supply, or home care store is a possible source. Brands may vary, even within a single chain.

#1 - Make sure your pool pump is on, and leave it on for at least 1 hour after you add acid.

#2 - Get a sharp stainless kitchen paring knife, plastic gloves and some sort of glasses BEFORE opening the bottle. Put on the gloves and glasses.

#3 - Splash some water on the pool deck, place the bottle in the puddle on the deck, and remove the lid.

#4 - Either gently pull the seal from the bottle OR use the knife to cut it away. If you use the knife, immediately rinse the blade in the pool.

#5 - Once the lid is off, and the seal removed, take the bottle and submerge it partially in the pool.

#6 - Pour the acid into the pool by tilting the bottle. Keep the mouth of the bottle only a couple of inches above the pool's surface.

#7 - Your basic dose is 1/4 of a 1 gallon bottle per 10,000 gallons of pool water. Do NOT try to measure this! Under-guesstimate the dose, and add more later if needed. (Pouring acid from one container to another will release a LOT of noxious fumes!)

#8 - Cap the bottle tightly.

#9 - Store the bottle outside in an opaque plastic container. If you do store the acid indoors, be sure to put inside a sealed heavy duty garbage bag. Read the explanation, below.

#10 - Rinse any spills off you or the deck promptly with pool water. If you should splatter the acid in your eyes, let go of the bottle and IMMEDIATELY roll over into the pool. Open your eyes underwater, and swim away from the area where you have added acid. This will flush your eyes completely and safely. (If you can't swim, move a few feet away from your work area, lay on the deck and submerge your head in the pool. Force your eyes open in the water.)

#11 - Never, NEVER use a hose with a nozzle to rinse your eyes -- a high pressure stream of water can also do immediate, serious damage to your eye. If for some reason, you cannot put your face in the water, move a hose with NO NOZZLE next to you BEFORE you begin adding acid. Turn on the water so that it flows gently out of the hose, and LEAVE IT RUNNING till you have re-sealed and rinsed the bottle of acid. If you should have a problem, use the hose to flush your eyes.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Makes me think with some people coming forward do you believe them or no because they have no proof?

14. dandorotik

No, you're an idiot. We used muriatic acid to clean the sidewalk when I worked at Mr. Gattis' in Houston in the mid-1980s, and we had to close down the restaurant for the afternoon b/c the vapors were highly dangerous.

You just got caught being ignorant. Here is when muriatic acid is safe to put in a pool:

1. When the person doing it is wearing gloves and protective glasses.

2. When there is absolutely no one in the pool.

3. When the person is pouring it from no more than 1" from the water.

Now, you look at that picture and you tell me exactly how each of those 3 were followed.

15. dandorotik

Read post above.

16. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Geez, you had a **** job in the 1980's? If you remember the civil rights movement you must have been like 35 in the 80's.

~65 now so.....nope not even close to as old as Deckard.

17. dandorotik

No, I was born in 1967. When I lived in NY in the 1970s, my best friend was black, and I remember my family and I were over their house one night- and this topic came up. they had actually kept pictures that included this, several of lynchings in the south, the one with the dogs and the Chicago riots, etc. I was taught about racial issues at a very young age b/c my mom worked with underprivileged youth, many of whom were black, and it was just a topic that came up. Heck, I even remember learning about politics- I had one uncle who was ultra-conservative, and one who was ultra-liberal- and they used to sit on the stoop in Brooklyn for hours and argue politics. Neighbors would actually come by just to listen to them carry on. So, I heard the names like Goldwater, Johnson, Nixon, McGovern, etc. After listening to that for years, I swear, I didnt' know what the heck to be when I grew up.

But the racial thing was definitely discussed- and I remember that picture distinctly- that and the one in Minnesota when they hung those black circus workers.

18. Buck Turgidson

It's embarrassing that the mods let him continually post this **** here. It's straight nazi-level conspiracy theory propaganda. I'm glad someone else notices.

19. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Stop the presses! Discussion over! dandorotik had a black friend!

It's clear you got called out on the picture. You didn't know these were protesters who were then arrested by a cop who jumped in the same pool. You probably thought they were simply hotel guests who the owner didn't want in his pool because they were black.

and we all really appreciate your safety tips on how to pour acid into a pool. The private demonstration picture you sent me was a little over the top, however.
    [​IMG]

20. dandorotik

So, by logical deduction, you are saying it is OK he did this b/c they were protesters? Got it.

Oh, and he did this in a pool labeled Whites Only, and you're saying this wasn't racially motivated, even though Martin Luther King organized it? Oh, and then there's this:

Motel manager James Brock (L) sits in his office at the Monson Motor Lodge and awaits the arrival of police after he locked the doors to his restaurant, barring Negro integrationalists (R) who sought service.

[​IMG]

But you go on telling yourself this wasn't racially motivated.

#340 dandorotik, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015