1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets looking at Wilson Chandler

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Fair points. We have to see if other moves are made.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hey leave Hasheem "The Beast" Thabeet out of this, lol.
    Why don't the Rockets go ahead and make a move for Okafor?

3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Would you rather trade Dekker + Brew + 1st for Chandler? Or replace dekker with Ariza? I'm torn

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not sure if I understand your point correctly.

You say your next move should get you to a level you want for the next 3 or so years, and then you say you want Tyson Chandler. Tyson Chandler is going to be 37 years old 3 years from now.

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This team is the 2nd rated offense and 14th rated defense as of today.

Of that 14th rated defense, of the defensive four factors, our biggest weaknesses are opponents eFG% (22nd) and Defensive rebounding (17th).

Which scenario do you think improves opponents eFG% and Defensive rebounding more?
    1.) Having Wilson Chandler play Brewer's 15 minutes a night.
    2.) Having Tyson Chandler slide into the starting center roll, and push everyone else back. Harrell out of the rotation, Capella / Nene split minutes?

If folks are insistent on bolstering the roster today and sacrificing the ability to sign good players in free agency, then I think T.Chan is a better gamble than W.Chan.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dekker is not a 3-D wing in this system (he can't defend SF & even struggles against traditional PF). He is a stretch 4 and primarily backs up Ryno. This is why Wilson Chandler is even a trade option, otherwise Ariza would not be playing 35+ plus minutes a game.

Wilson Chandler would also back up Ryno if this trade goes down.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see Wilson Chandler being that great of an addition to the team, I mean, sure he's an upgrade over Brewer, but it does nothing to fix the problem about how poor the front court is. If it happens, great, if it doesn't....so what?

raining threes likes this.
  8. eman

eman Contributing Member

I hope we'll keep Dekker. He's been so much more explosive and athletic than I thought he'd be after back surgery complicated his melanin deficiency. That game he started and went off for 30 impressed.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not a needle-mover. ;)

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you aren't sure about Chandler, go check out his short time with D'Antoni. He was BALLING in this system. Playing 3-4 positions.

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

tyson chandler is washed......his time has BEEN over.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm not being a homer, but I'm also not hanging off Wilson Chandler's nuts like you are. He would be a nice backup instead of Dekker and Brewer if he wasn't getting paid 12m/yr.

Also, where are you looking that shows Chandler has better stats than Ariza?

Ariza has a better OWS, DWS, WS/48, DBPM, OBPM, BPM, VORP, net rating, and he even shoots slightly better from the 3pt land plus his usage is significantly lower than Chandler's. WC's career DBPM, OBPM, BPM are all negative.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/arizatr01.html
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/chandwi01.html

He has the 5th best simple rating on the Nuggets
    http://www.82games.com/1617/1617DEN.HTM

Ariza is tied for the 3rd best on the Rockets
    http://www.82games.com/1617/1617HOU.HTM

Also, he hasn't missed like 200 games and had 2 hip surgeries over the past 5 years.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Heck no

14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

To which part? Thinking back, probably a no-brained to keep Ariza..but why not shop Dekker? I love him but I think Chandler is an upgrade

15. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I only do W. Chandler if they take Brewer and KJ plus a 2nd or overseas stash. Not willing to give up more without getting rid of Sewer. We would need Harrell and/or Dekker to make any other trade upgrades.

vtjsr2 likes this.
  16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

If we can move him. He will be moved. He isn't someone who should be even considered close to untouchable or even someone you hesitate to trade!

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In what world is PJ Tucker available for KJ and a 2nd? I strongly doubt it.

I would definitely hesitate to trade Dekker, unless it was for a very high end asset, like one of those young Celtic boys. You don't come across 6-9 forwards with his attitude and skill very often. If he ever figures his shot out he will make a huge leap, and you can't beat his contract for the next three years. CHEAP, efficient production is always a huge value.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

19. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

And Corey would pour Gatorade if not included?

20. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Yes please. This move is a better upgrade over having Sewer playing important minutes. The Nuggets get a good deal in Dekker and a First round pick. Now if the Rockets can also find a way to get rid of brick Ariza.

Jayzers_100 likes this.