1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. basketballholic

The player in trade talks that were almost agreed to is tolliver....Not taj. Minny wants a premium for taj, ESPECIALLY sending him out with Butler. We simply ain't got enough picks to do that deal with Butler expiring and were not willing to give up a pick plus Gordon to get Taj and take out the trash. The trade that had legs involved Tolliver somehow.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Extremely long legs, though, seeing as how he can't possibly be traded for another TWO MONTHS.

But according to you, he was "almost a Rocket last week." :rolleyes:

Zboy, D-rock, luckyman76 and 7 others like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Codman on fire, reading that post i was like
    [​IMG]

Zboy, D-rock, luckyman76 and 8 others like this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Someone just got put into a bodybag. I hope I get a refund on my newsletter subscription.

Zboy, D-rock, luckyman76 and 11 others like this.
  5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

May all your news be the good news for thine own self.

And in this (other, lesser) saga, ‘Tis The Butler that done did it!’ Oh, and Taj Ya’Al!

D-rock, luckyman76, hibbetts and 3 others like this.
  6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

It was pretty damn sexy tbh

Vivi likes this.
  7. DanO 337

DanO 337 Member

Please stop explaining yourself. If you believe you then that's cool, but you seem to be spinning wheels. Just wish this could be fun again. Hope all is well and have a great day!

DonKnock likes this.
  8. basketballholic

I was told trade was almost agreed to last week. That's all I was told. You never get all the specifics. Just bits of information. I'm well aware that Tolbert cannot be traded until Dec. 15. But you should be aware that the trade might not get done until then. And you should consider the other possibilities like a waive buyout and signing in conjunction with a trade.

We were getting info a long time ago that there would be better deals available for Butler after Dec. 15.

And there has been plenty of discussion between the teams of possible deals on or after Dec. 15. Minny knows they're getting screwed here if they deal Butler prior to Dec. 15. They know they can get a better deal then!

So use your head here and common sense. Think about what I just said. If minny deals Butler before Dec. 15 they're losing on the deal. Taylor has been through all this bs before with Love. That's why they keep bailing on deals now. They know there's more to be gained by waiting. Everything else is hype.

#6608 basketballholic, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    malakas likes this.
  9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

You are hard to believe.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Call me crazy but I do not think Anthony Tolliver will be a Rocket

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Read the newsletter!

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

at some point u just gotta realize the jig is up and take the L instead of digging a deeper hole...

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Holic is like Kevin Costner in Tin Cup.

"Gimme another ball."

14. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

I won't be surprised if this has all been a show being put on by Jimmy and Thibs to light a fire on Ktowns and Wiggs, and they come out decimating everyone.. could work for them

15. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

God bless you Cod. I know if CF's has any pull with the big man upstairs, you'll be getting a lot more time. Thanks for sharing, you're time was not wasted, helping us all unravel this puzzle keeps us away from the day-to-day grind.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

thanks for contributing

HP3 likes this.
  17. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I am interested to see if thibs will put Butler with the starting lineup.

If he does how will Kat, Wiggins and Butler body language be like. Will there be any passing? Butler ballhog all the way? Butler coming off the bench?

Will see on wed

DonKnock likes this.
  18. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

butler will have to show that he has trade value, and more specifically his addition to an even toxic team translates to wins.. he will pass and he will play efficiently, otherwise he loses massive value

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

After reading this thread for the last few weeks, I think the only thing we can say with certainty is that Morey is working towards a priority outcome but also has numerous permutations and contingencies he’s preparing for, made all the more difficult because these are not bubblegum cards, but human beings who must fit within a team culture.

I’m content with the team, excited about the season, and trusting of DM to improve the squad when it makes sense for both this season and long-term.

Let’s roll.

Richie_Rich and DonKnock like this.
  20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Dude, just start your own "holic nation" insider thread and stop trying to glom off the real thing.