1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler still Moreys MAIN target this summer/MDAs seat getting hot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 10, 2019.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Harden, Paul, Capela and Butler are all above average shooters and having your C playing outside reduces the need for spacing from the other 4. Would be fine imo.

I wouldn't like that at all, would rather have Capela if our guy can't shoot. It is possible though.

Of course it does, it's missing two players.

2. magichat281

magichat281 Member

need trade cp3 and clint for anthony davis thats we need to do. and pick up kent blazemore.

MiddleMan likes this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

Would you re-sign Shump? I mean thats a possibility but more than likely they let him walk. We already have a hole at sf and to get Butler Gordon definitely would have to be traded. I'm saying why not just keep Gordon and sign Barnes or MKG and maintain flexibility

4. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Wish it was the same deal for CP3 and Capela!

Lurch likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

come join the rest of us in reality please

RayRay10 and Lurch like this.
  6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Kent bazemore ain't ready for playoff intensity.

Now Aaron affalo or oj mayo would be a good pick up.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

So, this isn't Alexander's Rox no'mo, no'mo???

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I hear Ty Lue has no gig...

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

OJ Mayo? Lol

10. blackistan

blackistan Member

Hah good luck with that. CP3s contract is untradeable although I'd like em moved based off his recent play

11. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I don’t blame him. If this group doesn’t work this year then may as well rework the core. Rebuild around James obviously. Maybe see what you can get for Clint and Chris?? (Ben Simmons anyone?) No reason to keep rolling forward with MDA in my opinion. James and whoever stays knows the system well enough to run it or something similar. May as well bring in a coach who can be better with in game situations.

Disclaimer: I am a MDA fan and would much rather see him stay. Just wouldn’t be surprised to see him canned if we don’t get out of this round.

12. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

No thanks. I think he’s just more of a LeBron beneficiary than an actual good coach.

13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

As for Shumpert, we can do S&T with him up to 120% of his current salary without incurring base year compensation rules that would cut it in half in trade. This would not hard cap us at the apron. You only become hard capped if you RECEIVE a S&T player or use the BAE of full mid-level exception.

As to Capela, he is still a young player and any trade of him only results in a loss. If we get Butler using Shumpert and picks, we would not have any assets to package with Capela to get AD or anyone comparable so why would we step down. We couldn't get AD with Capela, Gordon, and 4 #1s. Boston will use everything to get AD now with the Raptors competing against them. We would have to sign, not trade, for an older DAJ. I am high on him but we cannot logistically make it work with the TP MLE.

I don't think there is any scenario or future where we win and are not a taxpayer team. I don't think the model works. If someone wants to move Capela, give me a list of players that works IF we already have Harden, CP3, Butler, Gordon, and Tucker. Nurkic and Aminu (he is a UFA so Harkless)? I think we get laughed at but that is the type of haul I would want. Moving Capela+Gordon or Tucker plus assets to get Butler plus... just seems like a bad fit for me. Do you facilitate an AD to Boston trade using Capela? Why would NOLA do it with US and what do we get?

Frankly, if Jeannie doesn't trade LBJ I see them having to throw the max at Boogie to add to the dysfunction. Nobody wants their trash in trade. I think Raptors try to keep Kawhi by dangling AD trade or he goes to Clips.

Vivi likes this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Pass on butler

And everybody call me crazy or whatever but if we do send MDA packing we should look into Shaka Smart.

We had interest in him few years back.

But really hope rockets can somehow survive this series and keep this post season run going.

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

While I agree it’s a pipe dream. I can see one scenario that the trade would work.

If Lakers strike out in free agency and are desperate to make a move, knowing pelicans won’t trade them Anthony Davis. Maybe we could coax them into taking CP for Lonzo and a first and flip it with Capela plus 4 first round picks for AD and take back Holiday and any other bad contract they have.

So Lonzo Capela 5 first rounders and cal relief for AD and Holiday and hill. Wouldn’t be a horrible trade for them at all. Plus could flip Capela to Kings or someone for another first.

16. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Oj mayo couldn't be worst than ty 'liquor bottle' Lawson,Kenneth" farweed", and losing a first round pick in exchange for shumpert.

17. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

Give me Gordon over Butler. I’m down if we’re trading CP, though

18. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

If Jeannie keeps LBJ, and their front office misfits (Buss, Rambis, Pelenka) lose out on an AD trade, and get rejected by the premier free agents (Durant, Kawhi, Irving, Kemba, Klay & Butler), would they trade a couple of their kids that LBJ doesn't like for CP3, given they'd have plenty of cap space? LeBron's window is closing faster than Harden's...

MiddleMan likes this.
  19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Butler, Beal, Durant, or Thompson... but eh...whose counting.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Sorry, just funnin’ on the Lakes.

I do not want a coach search; ‘fear’ new owner wants ‘his’ coach.

Lurch likes this.