1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Butler still Moreys MAIN target this summer/MDAs seat getting hot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 10, 2019.

1. mastan

mastan Member

Right..but he probably still can play better than Capela....Capela is costing us $16 million/year. We can probably sign Deandre ($10-$12 mill) and Fareid ($4 Mill) for that.

whiskeyred likes this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

DeAndre is probably going to get owned by Jokic and in some match ups (like with the Spurs if Gasol ends up there like i expect) we might end up regretting a swap Clint/DeAndre, but if that gives us a chance to add an all star in another spot eh, you take that and don't look back.

smp, whiskeyred and mikol13 like this.
  3. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Curious to know your take on this one. I think Mike is not AN ISSUE, but if you are here and still have to take it up a notch. Where else do you look for change?

On your side also about the replacement. I'm convinced of what I just wrote, but dont want to make a change just for the sake of it and dont see a lot of upgrades waiting around.

HP3 likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying he isn't better. I just think a big forward better than Shumpert, House, and Faried makes more sense. Gordon is ok at guard but our forward position is our biggest weakness. Gordon at guard is much stronger than Shumpert, Faried, and House at forwards. That's where we need a star player.

basketballholic likes this.
  5. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Yeah. He personally couldn't get along with Carmelo Anthony. That may not have been the actual reason, but damned if Bzedlik didn't try really hard to convey that impression. I don't know if I could rely on B to be here for the next three years.

IMHO, Carmelo's play wasn't the problem so much as everyone else's play was so abysmally below their historic averages while he was on the team. And rose pretty much the day Carmelo got put out to pasture.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The 3 pt% will go down but we might be getting to a point we’re we need to diversify our attack on offense anyways.

Jimmy is a major upgrade over EG anyone that doesn’t think so is a homer and I love EG when he’s rolling the rockets are really good. He’s just not big enough to be a 3 and his shot and scoring is inconsistent.

If our starting lineup next year is cp3/harden/butler/tucker/Clint that’s tealky good.

Personally I would get butler and trade Clint for role pieces and try and sign deandre Jordan for the MLE even if it’s for just one year and go all in.

Clint makes 18m u can get 2 really good role players for him maybe 3 and if u have a starting lineup of above with Jordan instead of Clint plus 2-3 solid bench pieces.

Rockets will be good.

Still prob up against it playing the warriors with KD but it’s somthing different and give the team and the rockets some new juice.

I think if u make these deals it gives everyone in the organization new hope. If u run it back we’ll be really good prob get the 2 seed and even go back to the WCF but everyone on the team will be just waiting for the same thing that’s happened what would be 3 years in a row. Push GS to 6-7 game the games are close but u still lose in the end.

everyday eddie and Gray_Jay like this.
  7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Aaron Gordon for Clint Capela, Eric Gordon

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Oh i agree with you about getting bigger/longer and more athletic in those spots so, i hope we can get something done there, one player i would love to get is Siakam, which is something @daywalker02 suggested, if Kawhi bolts maybe the Raptors would be open to trade him since for as good as he is, is not someone you can build around...regardless, swapping Gordon with Butler makes us clearly better in everything, Butler is also a much better rebounder than Eric which would still help a bit.

deb4rockets likes this.
  9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Do it he’s a good player that would be an Allstar level guy next to harden.

I’d still rather have butler he’s severely underrated around here guys is a legit top 15 player.

But I like Gordon as a olidipo type guy who will flourish with a new start and playing with harden and cp3 will do wonders for his game plus he’s a really good rebounder for a wing.

What I do like about getting AG is u can put tucker back at the 3 and then we have a more conventional lineup.

I think AG would avg 22 and 10 playing here with our guards with MDA offense.

But butler gets us a true alpha who is a gamer and wants to win at all costs plus he’s okay with getting 15 points one game and 30 the next which is rare for a guy his caliber.

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’m in this camp.

People jumping off of CC for a bad series and it was very bad, but...

I only trade him if the Rockets get a clear upgrade at any other position.

I think Hartenstein is going to get a real look this coming season. So...

topfive, whiskeyred and Vivi like this.
  11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Aaron Gordon can really shoot the corner 3, put Aaron in one corner and P.J. in the other corner what happens =
    Open paint layups for Harden.

Clint Capela was clogging the paint, weak rebounder. Aaron is a muscle rebounder, can dribble between his legs, crossover etc, create shots for others, Alley Oop dunker.

The Magic Vucevic is a Free Agent, the Magic might want a Center, but they have a young Center, top 5 pick I believe Mo Bamba I think

Clint Capela, Eric Gordon, picks for Aaron Gordon.

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Aaron Gordon can really shoot the corner 3, put Aaron in one corner and P.J. in the other corner what happens =
    Open paint for layups for Harden.

Clint Capela was clogging the paint, weak rebounder. Aaron is a muscle rebounder, can dribble between his legs, crossover etc, create shots for others, Alley Oop dunker.

13. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Does this help push Jimmy out the door?

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

15. basketballholic

He may if he gets pushed down in favor of Hammons.

treyk3 likes this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

His contract is up. Value from learning from other coaches. Also we could up his pay.

joshuaao and basketballholic like this.
  17. mikol13

Supporting Member

18. mikol13

Supporting Member

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

It's happening guys, can't wait.

topfive likes this.
  20. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Yeah I have to agree with this. I'm not opposed to the general idea of trading Capela for a non-center, and then replacing him with a cheaper center who starts in the regular season but gets a reduced role in playoffs when rockets go to small ball, but is DAJ worth the MLE? Wouldn't Rockets be better served signing someone else for minimum and using MLE somewhere else? Might be bad for Capela's trade value, but great for Rockets ability to pick up a cheap center that there are so many out there. Just to throw out a few names:

Robin Lopez, Ed Davis, Javale McGee, DeWayne Dedmon, Boban, Zubac, Thomas Bryant, Dragan Bender, Salah Mejri, Zaza, Kevon Looney, Jordan Bell, JaMichael Green, Noah Vonleh...once again, not saying these guys are as good as clint, but seems like they could possible give you 75% of what Deandre Jordan gives you but at the minimum.

whiskeyred likes this.