1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sorry but Harden step back is a Blatent travel

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenMvp, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Entropy

Entropy Member

Colin Cowherd with a moderate view on the travel issue. Still throwing low key shade on Harden though.

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

Ah yes, the vLaureLio and durwiener arguments continue on. Mmmmmmmm

vlaurelio likes this.
  3. PatBev

PatBev Member

I've watched Lebron travel in the paint since I was a kid, along with every other superstar. I once watched Dwayne Wade take like 8 god damn steps with no calls. Hell I watched KAT take like 3 steps last game on that free throw

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I asked first. How many steps did he take after he completed his gather? I even linked to an official rule book video that shows how to count the steps.

Why are you so unwilling to answer that simple question, when that is how a traveling violation is determined according to the NBA rule book?

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

everyone knows how to count.. do you know how to determine when the gather occured exactly the same as the 3 referees on the floor determined it?

you admit you don't right?

you think the 3 referees counted 2 or 3 steps after the gather step?

6. durvasa

Wait a second — so your argument ultimately is that the refs didn’t call a travel when watching the play in real time, so it must not have been a travel. Never mind that an actual NBA officiating expert who does this **** for a living explained why it’s a travel after looking at the replay. Never mind the fact that it is clear as day — in the replay— that he gathers the ball with both hands prior to taking his final 3 steps.

No, because the refs on the floor didn’t catch it in real time, and because NBA refs NEVER miss a call, it must not have been a travel.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Cocaine is a hell of a drug OP

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I noticed you used no insight, counter arguements, detailed analysis, nothing. Big Harden fan though? Get the f out

Reeko likes this.
  9. vlaurelio

real time yeah.. why? they got 3 different angles.. 1 in really close proximity.. hearing the dribble, hearing the gather, hearing the steps.. better than video.. what's wrong with real time? because harden's so fast? he did that step back almost in slow mo infront of a refere

not only the refs.. other coaches and players too.. who has spoken that it's a travel? kerr? because embid can't mimic it? is that your basis?

stop hating.. just accept its not a travel.. fact.. in history books..

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

Media conspiracy: Notice in the Embiid video Ramona Shelburne is in the back, and when he's done doing his Harden stepback she's smiling and nodding. She definitely was the one who asked him to do it, knowing that it would attract more attention and questioning to Harden's move.

vlaurelio likes this.
  12. vlaurelio

@durvasa clearly fell for that LOL

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

A progressing player who jumps off one foot on the first step may land with both feet simultaneously for the second step. In this situation, the player may not pivot with either foot and if one or both feet leave the floor the ball must be released before either returns to the floor.

This rule here was added (in 2017) to allow people to do 1 step into jump shot or two foot take off dunks, both feet are considered a single step, now they could nitpick and say they didn't land simultaneously, but they've never interpreted it that way, they interpret it as essentially for the purpose of bringing your feet together to make it a two foot take off. The purpose of the change was that the "step" was about progress and bringing both feet together doesn't progress you any more than a single step, it's not 1-2-3, it's 1-double 2

14. durvasa

Is there further information you can link to on this idea that the league purposely relaxes the 2-foot step? I have listened to Nunn’s explanation of the legality of Harden’s step back, and he doesn’t rely on this relaxed interpretation of the 2-foot step.

To me, it’s pretty clear that it is two distinct steps in the play we are talking about. The key thing here is when the gather was completed in relation to the preceding step. That’s what is super difficult to discern in real time. Most of the time Harden gets the timing right, so the refs correctly give him the benefit of the doubt when it’s too close to call in real time.

15. farhen

farhen Member

can we click the auto ban on this guy's dumb trend

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I've seen it in 2 minute reports but nothing official otherwise. I wish Bojan's move today (was at 3:08 in the 4th against Cleveland) had been in the last 2 minutes, because he did the same thing, gather step, 1 step, 2 step, brought back foot in (cavs players screamed travel), double 2 step, 2 foot jump layup

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I've read some Bleacher Report articles just in the past 24 hours about "Harden ruining the game" and "The NBA decided not to call traveling anymore", etc. Total lies. I really don't know why media and casual fans dote all over Durant and Lebron and try to do everything they can to demean Harden's accomplishments. Harden hasn't done anything worth being surly about in these first two games.

I'm thinking people just get triggered by him thanks to how hard ESPN has pushed its anti-MVP narratives since 2015.

19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Yupp, media hold outs are trying to get their last few clicks off of hating on him before he gets the MVP and another deep playoff run

20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Here is a comp of his stepbacks from last year. Looks like the first time he used this type of pullback stepback was against Philly, then he went on a run of them in the playoffs (5+ in this video). No one seemed to have a problem with it all these other times because they were preoccupied with counting to 10 watching Westbrook games:rolleyes: