1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some Wacko At Realgm's "Inside Info" (Wish it were true)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Thats right,all doubters will be amazed when this goes down.

Hell even rocket fans will be amazed,

I will fill you in on how I know this.A friend of mine works in the pr department of the Rockets.He went to school with Francis at San Jac and became friends with Steve there.Steve got him a job with the rockets.

I am friends with this guy too.I have met Steve and we really didnt get along since Im shy.But my friend knows I post on forums,so he doesnt give me specifics,but he does tell me whats in the works.

He tells me he sat down with dinner the other day in San Antonio with another pr guy from the spurs.

Duncan has quietly informed the Spurs he will not resign there and has narrowed his teams to three.Orlando,Rockets,New Jersey.

Orlando has offered Miller and GRiffith and picks.

New Jersey offered Van Horn,Todd Mac,Jefferson

Rockets have offered Griffin,Cato,Thomas,Mooch,picks.

Unfortuneatly the rox are offering less.But the good news,is TD likes the warm weather so rule out N jersey,.

Orlando is the only other problem.However,(man my friend is gonna kill me,and might not ever give me any more info) TD studies martial arts.Im told TD REALLY would like to play with Ming for one reason.TD doesnt want to play center.He knows Jersey and Orlando would plug him into center.IN houston he knows Ming is our center.

He also respects Steve 100X more than Parker.

We also might work a 3way deal to involve Mobley,(im guessing he told me that becuz cat doesnt want to play in san antonio.

Im also told that the rockets would plug griffin at sf.That is where he stopped talking.

Im assuming that means we would trade Nachbar and cuttino instead of griffin w/ spurs including daniels

Imagine the triple towers,could be a reality soon

Griffin has also grown this offseason to 6'11 and 20 pounds of chiseled muscle.

steve
    daniels
    griffin 6'11
    duncan 7'0
    ming 7'6

Oh,and another tidbit he told me.That Rudy is very close to Popovich and that would swing the deal in our favor.Also that John Lucas also will do us a favor to trade us Odom for Thomas/Mooch when the dumb clipps trade Odom/Wilcox for Miller.Sterling has no idea that he is indirectly giving a western conference team even more firepower.

Ill let you know if I get any more scoops.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wish this were true, but we left out Griffin. We would be able to beat the Lakers. i guess I need to stop reading the Message Boards at realgm though.

2. Possum

Possum Member

Billsh!t! Too many contradictions. First KT and Mooch are going to San Antonio then were trading them to Cleveland. Which is it?

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I must be getting this stuf fout of the Handicapped Forum...

4. Thanos

Thanos Member

* sigh *

If people are going to dream up scenarios where we end up with an all-star team, why not go all the way and trade ming and cuttino for Shaq and Kobe?

5. harumph

harumph Member

i don't see any glaring contradictions: KT was mentioned in both trade scenarios as options... i think we'd loose in the Duncan race, so KT is still available for another trade...

THis is all fantasy, but not too unrealistic for a pre signing deadline rumour :D

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.