1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SOCOM II ONLINE

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by itzIce, Nov 22, 2003.

1. itzIce

itzIce Member

Once you start playing this game......you'll never quit!

Honestly, I am not a video game freak and I own both the ps2 which I got a few months after it came out and an Xbox which I bought from my cousin for like $50. With a busy schedule, I have never had the time to actually buy games and just play all day. I mean, I play mostly sports games and those 1st person shooting games. Madden and NBA Live are the only games I can honestly label as my favorite games.

Well things change.....
    Last week, I made a huge investment on SOCOM II and the proper accessories needed to play online and I have no regret for doing so. This is the first real game that I have actually labeled as my own and bought. I have not wasted time on other games except for Madden and Live. Playing the missions and stuff are cool but once you connect online, its addictive! You get to play against 1000's of other users in different timezones and you can earn rank as well. With the headset, you can actually communicate with whoever is on your team and that is just ill!

My main question behind this post is to ask any CC'ers or CLutchfans if anyone owns this game and if they use the online option and if so, we should make a SOCOM team or clan. So for all you SOCOM II users who use the network please respond. We could start the [ROX] clan. My callsign is Flipdog.

itzIce

2. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

How does this compare to America's Army? I've been playing America's Army since 1.2 and it rocks.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I tried to play America's Army but got frustrated. Everytime I'd finish the first training mission and the option to save my score and progress would come up, I'd click yes, but then the damn thing bugs out and says I'm not connected or logged in and then I have to do it all over again. I've done that target practice 5 times.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I have a video game question, but don't wanna start a new thread for it....

I just bought ESPN NBA Basketball today, and I can't seem to get it to play two players against each other in a franchise game. You can only play on the same team. What kind of morons design a game like that and don't let you play against each other? Anyone know if you can do this somehow? I'll probably end up taking it back and getting Live.:rolleyes:

5. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

The training mission is a bit unfair - no feedback on how you are doing or that one has to bunny hop to get over that obstacle. Initially the authentication servers were overloaded so that happened alot, too. It works better now, except when there are patches and lots of people are doing the same thing at the same time. I had to repeat a 35 minute mission because of the connection problem...
    But once you get past that into a populated server it's like CounterStrike except more better.