1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So Who Do You Want From The Jazz?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Goldberg, Jul 28, 2001.

1. Goldberg

Goldberg Member

It seems now that Dream is no closer to a return to the Rockets then making a debut with the other interested teams.Well we can add the Jazz to those interested.But the only way the Jazz can have Dream in on the recieving end of an assist by Stockton is to arrange a sign and trade.But is this a Pipe Dream?Credit desertnews.com.

Utah interested in Olajuwon, despite the odds

By Tim Buckley
    Deseret News sports writer

TAYLORSVILLE — Published reports suggest the Jazz may be dreaming about acquiring veteran Houston Rockets free-agent center Hakeem Olajuwon.
    Reality, Jazz basketball operations vice president Kevin O'Connor suggested Friday night, is that the Jazz's interest in Olajuwon is no different than that of most others on the open market: "We made a phone call to all of the free agents," he said.
    Salary-cap concerns, however, sap the Jazz's ability to acquire a high-priced free agent like Olajuwon, a k a. 'The Dream.'
    "What can we do?" he said. "I mean, we've used up some of our midlevel exception (signing free agent John Amaechi). That's all we've got."
    The possibility of any team pulling off a sign-and-trade to acquire Olajuwon, O'Connor said, is dampened by a fix faced by the Rockets, who are also trying to re-sign two more of their own free agents, Shandon Anderson and Maurice Taylor.
    "If they go under the cap, they have to renounce (their rights to Olajuwon, negating the sign-and-trade possibility)," he said. "If they stay over the cap, they can't give the other guys (the money they want)."
    The Houston Chronicle has reported in copyrighted stories this week that the Jazz, along with Toronto, New York, Cleveland, Miami and Indiana, are "interested in Olajuwon's services."

------------------
    Fear the Spear

2. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I don't want any of Utah's floppers on my Houston Rockets! If Hakeem wants to play for the Jazz renounce him.

------------------
    "It's always hard to lead from the front."
    -Colin Montgomerie on his trouble of staying on top of the leaderboard at the 2001 British Open

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

or rapists...

------------------
    Long Live The Catomic Bomb.

DON'T TRADE DOTEL!

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I don't want Dream in Utah, that would be just HORRIBLE, but let's just say if you wanted someone, who would it be?

I'd want that Andrei Kirilenko guy. He looks like the real deal.

------------------
    "Forecast for tomorrow: A few sprinkles of genius with a chance of doom!"

5. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I'd rather have all the Rockets free agents including Hakeem leave, than see the Dream play for Utah.

------------------
    Protrolls.com!

Keep the ???? alive!

The ZRBucks!

6. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

I second the motion!!!!

------------------

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

If hell froze over and the Jazz get Dream, I would want a few of their first round picks starting in about 3 years, when they hit the rebuilding stage and become the equivilant of the 90's Clippers. We would get top 5 picks every year!

------------------
    Who needs teachers? I can learn my own self.

8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

The drafts picks from the Jazz in a sign-and-trade for Hakeem would probably end up being lottery picks (assuming they're not lottery protected) as mentioned when they start rebuilding, but sending Hakeem to Utah is on par of enternal damnation. Sending ANY former Rocket to Utah is a sin in my book. I want nothing from Utah.

------------------
    What if I say to you that the universe is a three-legged horse, eh? What then?
    - Russell Hoban

[This message has been edited by RocksMillenium (edited July 29, 2001).]

9. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

If we didn't already have a plethoraof SF's/SG's then Bryon Russell wouldn't be bad at all.

I'd rather just keep Dream though.

------------------
    The title will come to ClutchCity once again.

10. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

What about Donyell Marshall? He's a FA after this season i believe.

------------------
    I'm off like a prom dress!!!

11. ShaqHater

ShaqHater Member

Here's what I'd want from the Jazz: John Stockton and Karla Malone's heads on silver platters. Only under that condition could I ever trade Hakeem to the Jazzholes! [​IMG]

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We shouldn't trade anyone to the Jazz,not even Cato.

------------------

13. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

The Jazz have about as good a chance of landing Hakeem as the Starzz do.

14. Valio!

Valio! Member

If the jazz thought about it, I dont think they'd really want Hakeem - he is 38 and doesn ot have a history of flopping. Flopping is a skill that must be developed throughout one's career.
    Beginning flopping at mid or late career would produce a massive amount of injuries for a player. I mean I know the jazz's flop coaches must be among the best, but I think Dream is already way past the ideal age to begin flopping.
    I guess they could let dream be the only non-flopper, but that would really screw up their chemistry. Flopping is what holds the Jazz together. IT's the foundation on which the JAzz are built...

------------------
    "George W. is like a hybrid of his father and Dan Quayle" - P. Mesku

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Don't be too hasty now. Cato is a "gift" I'd be more than willing to bestow upon them.

------------------
    The season's over, but the 'Stros have started. Guess I'm still gonna be nursing that keg...

16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Giving Hakeem to the Jazz would be like our version of "The Curse of Bambino"!

We would never win anything due to the curse Hakeem would bestow upon us.

------------------

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Agreed 100 %!!!

------------------
    This signature has been shortened due to popular demand :).

18. RodneyMcCray

RodneyMcCray Member

I rather cut off my nose to spite my face! [​IMG]

------------------