1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, when Ime and all this talent (including additions) are kicking ass, not too far down the road...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 15, 2023.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's it going to be? Find somethng else to b**** about, or root for these guys with all your heart...C'mon.

[​IMG]

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well, all the Tillman and Stone haters will shut up and cheer - and the team and fanbase will enjoy it, but the first crack in the foundation and people will b****, that is what being a FAN atic is about.

GO ROX !!

DD

persian hoopa and Plowman like this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You know they'll always have something to b**** about, especially if one of their pet players aren't doing very well. It's never been about the team to a lot of them.

Plowman likes this.
  4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

it may well be Christmas before everything starts clicking; if TheGoodGuys are competing while getting up to ImeTime this old broken down pharht will be engaged and excited.

Plowman and daywalker02 like this.
  5. CXbby

CXbby Member

I want Stone fired, his constant coddling and misjudgment of kpj was the last straw for me in terms of his talent evaluation. I want Ime and Witus running the show. With that said, 20 games in the team will be far exceeding expectations and the Karens screeching their heads off right now won’t even remember who kpj is, that’s the nature of our virtue signaling society.

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Good luck fighting off the ad populum crowd Plow!

They b****ed when we won 65 games. They b****ed when we won 17. These misers might b**** about a championship if its not won on their self aggrandizing recommendations!

"Golly gosh we're such a scummy team I hope we lose all our games and that will make Fertitta sell the team and Stone go back to chasing ambulances!" :rolleyes:

Can you imagine the fun around here if Ime Udoka cant keep his dick in his pants!?!? What a time to be a Rocket fan!

7. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Asking that the owner run the team with some dignity and class doesn't mean we won't root for the team and it's players. I was excited about this season with the veteran acquisitions and young talent, but this KPJ situation brings back the bad taste from the past 3 years. Tillman needs to cut KPJ, fire Stone, and then we can all try to move on.

clutchdabear, Dobbizzle and slothy420 like this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Did you really start a thread to b**** about people b**** (or more accurately, potentially b****ing), about the actions of a team that just put together one of, if not THE WORST three year stretch in nba history, got played by one of their key FA targets causing them to make a series of small asset blunders, and has the KPJ situation going on right now?

I expect, once the team is good again, most fans will be happy(ier) and just be arguing about how to get that chip.

Not sure how this is a complicated topic to analyze?!?

cml750, Easy, ThrillaNManilla and 7 others like this.
  9. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

This * 100

Easy likes this.
  10. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Says a guy who spent the entire season b****ing about Jalen Green and the team babying him.......

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

First Kevin's arse will be kicked. More common sense to Kysre!

Win as many games as one can........do not know about you but Imma b**** the hell out of topics.

#11 daywalker02, Sep 15, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
    burlesk likes this.
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Define "kicking ass" and define "not too far down the road" please.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The usual suspects are lining up in here to attack strawmen. I notice there's a correlation with their former opinions on Kevin Porter as well. Surprising! Gotta have something to crusade for I guess.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I root for the franchise with all my heart. If I see conduct or decisions detrimental to the franchise, I dislike that thing.

The concept of "true fans only cheer" has been asserted so many times on the history of the internet.... I wonder why it hasn't caught on? Why weren't we all just deliriously happy when Bill Obrien was running the Texans? Hmm.

Moe likes this.
  15. Plowman

Supporting Member

Of course, we need to voice our displeasure. it's just neverending, and has reached a crescendo. Just trying to keep things in perspective.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

But baskeball will be played and it is going to be different once preseason starts.

Plowman likes this.
  17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Hey OP, it’s okay to criticize your management and ownership when you think they are not making good decisions. It doesn’t make one any less of a fan. When/if the org starts making good decisions and gets back to respectability I’m sure plenty of fans will applaud.

Invisible Fan, Easy and harold bingo like this.
  18. Plowman

Supporting Member

I do it all the time. C'mon, quit beng so literal.

They've already made a lot of good decisions (and a few bad ones)...We're about to see these guys mature into pretty damn good players. And, under Ime, the Rockets should become a really dangerous team, at minimum. We have a helluva coach, loads of talent, and a nice collection of assets. The future is blindingly bright.

don grahamleone, glynch and Corrosion like this.
  19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i understand being excited about our young talent and coaching staff; I am too. But curious why you think Stone has been a good GM. The draft is influenced as much by our scouts and Eli as anyone, and being a GM is about much more than the draft. most of the rest of the decisions haven’t been very good. Objectively you don’t think we can do better than Raf and Patrick running the show?

don grahamleone and Plowman like this.
  20. Plowman

Supporting Member

I definitely do, Aruba. Just don't think it'll happen. Believe me, I take great issue with some of what's happened. That said, there has been good stuff too. Starting with the Harden trade.

I'll say this...Stone's had a much greater margin of error due to where we've been in the rebuild. Now, is when the going gets tough.

#20 Plowman, Sep 15, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2023