1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It’s mainly pitchers speaking out against Stros. Imo they’re trying to separate themselves from the hitters and be victims so to speak. Knowing full well that their team is probably doing something similar but because they’re pitchers they have a buffer between the illegality of it

RayRay10, everyday eddie and SS0101 like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Beltran & Houston:

2004 - loved him (historic playoff run carried us to our 1st WS appearance)
    2004 - hated him (used us to get a bigger contract with the Mets)
    2017 - loved him again (triumphant return as the mentor that helped us finally win that elusive WS)
    2019 - hate him again (revelations that he pretty much orchestrated this entire cheating scandal that took down the franchise)

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I guess a podunk town like LA doesn’t have much else going on that their city council has to deal with. Good to know!

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

This is what annoys me the most. He clearly brought it with him from the Yankees (maybe the Rangers too), yet all you see now is NY media and Yankees fans kiling the Astros. How convienent to forget that the guy who orchestrated this was on your team for 4 years before even going to the Astros. It's not like this originated with the Astros.

Hell you barely hear the Red Sox mentioned either. This morning the LA news media ran stories about how the Dodgers want the 2017 title and they only casually mention that they also want the 2018 title. Of course, they only show the 2017 World Series highlights during the segment.

Agree on ARod. He definitely knew and his sign stealing comments during the last few postseasons in regards to the Astros makes a lot more sense now.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

I don't hate Beltran. Beltran is an Astros legend. ;) I hope the Astros induct him into their Hall of Fame.

[​IMG]

King1 likes this.
  7. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Why would they award it to cheaters?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. AstrosRockets1818

10. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

They shouldn't apologize. Crane should apologize for firing Hinch and Luhnow.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don’t think Crane should force the players to apologize. If they want to apologize, then that’s fine with me. But, they shouldn’t be forced to make a fake apology.

I would rather that the players be allowed to talk in detail about why they may have felt somewhat justified in what they did.

Did a team made up of many young players listen to a couple of old vets in Cora and Beltran and believe that what they were doing was being done throughout the league?

I’m guessing that maybe MLB would prefer Astros players just say they are sorry and not mention other teams. I’d like to hear the whole story. Don’t give me any fake apology.

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If title is tainted, isn't basically everyone on the team is tainted also?
    Like verlander and all dem hof type players, they were complicit in the scandal if not actively participating?

13. AstrosRockets1818

I wonder if Orbit was apart of it.

AB423, King1 and raining threes like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Apologize & ask for forgiveness? Good grief... :rolleyes:

Did MLB tell Jim to do that too? @Nook

raining threes likes this.
  15. Pipedream

Pipedream Contributing Member

I agree the Astros should vacate the title...as soon as they replay the 1998 playoffs without Kevin Brown (named in the Mitchell report)

16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think discussion about vacating the title is stupid and I'm one of the people who generally feels bad about all of this. There is NO chance the MLB would take drastic measures like vacating the title if it meant irreparably harming their business interests in Houston. We are one of their larger markets. Something overly punitive could kill interest in the sport here for years more so than the tanking era. MLB isn't stupid; they want the Houston fanbase to continue to care about their product and wouldn't do anything to hurt that.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

in order to award the title to the Dodgers they'd have to first take seriously the allegations from the Brewers and Mets players that the Dodgers used video to steal signs.

19. AstrosRockets1818

20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I will love him again if he drops the Yankees in the grease. He won’t though.

htwnbandit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.