1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuraGotMadHops

I agree completely, I've had to take a breather from twitter, the fan made "expert" investigations are getting to be too much. My main issue is that this was identified as a league wide issue, but because of the initial headline mentioned the Astros specifically this has become an Astros only attack. Secondly, this has morphed from a camera accusation, which is serious, to just finding anything and everything that has to do with sign-stealing, which is not prohibited if you stay within the rules. So far, all the trashcan banging, whistling, eyes looking here or there is merely (circumstantial) evidence of sign stealing generally, but nothing other than Mike Fiers' accusation gives any indicia that a camera or other electronics were used. Jomboy and those other clowns who think they are detectives should expand their nit-picky videos to other clubs as well and I'm sure they will find some signals of sign stealing.

I don't know if its the Taubman thing or what, but damn it has become popular as hell for the media to just attack the crap out of the organization, it's Harden level, intentional, let's eff with these guys level.

2. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I think it is easy to underestimate the obsessive nature of people. Especially die-hards like jomboy. If the average game is 4 hours long and you take away middle of innings and opponent batting...to watch the astros at-bats only for an entire game will take an hour to an hour and half per game I would imagine. I think that in 3 days, every one of, if not nearly every game in 2017 has been looked through (by some opposing fan, jomboy or others). Especially considering that they "know what to look for" now.

So if was more than 12 times...i think we would still be seeing them pop up and at higher volume. Even of the 12 or so I have seen, even then, some of them are a stretch.

3. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Couldnt agree more. Great post.

I would also like to add that catchers have "tells" too. People are forgetting that also in regards to "pitch tipping" and "sign stealing." It doesnt just come down to what the catcher is throwing down with their fingers or what the pitcher is doing. What a catcher is doing before a pitch can be relayed to the hitter from the dugout super easy and super fast. No camera necessary. There is so much gamesmanship in baseball, it is called the "thinking man's" game for a reason. Way too hard to pin the "evidence" so far on ONE singular thing.

SuraGotMadHops and AznH-TownFan like this.
  4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If Hinch was suspended, Joe Espada would step into the role. Espada has been a runner up for numerous managerial jobs in the last two seasons, and the Astros have been fortunate to keep him.

5. astros123

astros123 Member

https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news/ast...ch-im-going-to-kick-his-f--king-ass/311883640

Jesus christ. Banning Luhnow for life? I think we've become the most hated team in sports overnight.

6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

7. astros123

astros123 Member

Watching mlb network and the pundits on there are all saying the same. Alot of execs want Luhnow head on a shovel if he was in charge or had direct role in setting it up.

8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I hope Jim Crane decides to spend into the Luxury Tax and build an even more dominant roster that can shove it up all of Major League Baseball’s ass.

mick fry, egierczy, awc713 and 2 others like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. astros123

astros123 Member

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2019/11/1...ing-to-get-caught-up-in-astros-sign-stealing/

Yu Darvish is on youtube today claiming that the Astros cheated during game 7 of the world series by using bullpen catchers lmao. Hes such a little b****. I wonder what his excuse was for getting shelled earlier in the postseason when he only lasted 2 innings against the Cubs.

#350 astros123, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    phasors28 likes this.
  11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

If the Beltrán comment from Bregman implies what they think/want it to imply, then it’s actually evidence to how deep rooted this is across multiple teams. Everyone, certainly at the top level, is trying to out maneuver everyone else and they all know about it.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He's going to make the most of these 15 minutes, isn't he?

13. astros123

astros123 Member

Seeing how the shirts cost less then 5 bucks to manufacture why the fk wouldn't he? Hes a business man. Anyone else would be doing the same. Its money $$$. Dont fault him but fault the Stros for having the cameras.

14. Marteen

Marteen Member

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

this coming on the heels of the brewers and rangers being called out for stealing signs

dmoneybangbang and htwnbandit like this.
  16. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

LMFAO This is almost a badge of honor at this point. I'm not even mad, it's free real estate in their heads at this point.

awc713 likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Kind of a bad look when he said that he's just completely neutral towards this whole thing and he's just reporting the facts.

This makes him look more like a salty Yankees fan and less like the neutral reporter he claimed to be is all.

dmoneybangbang, awc713, jklb and 2 others like this.
  18. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Ironically, where has Yu spent the majority of his career? Arlington. Rangers have also been implicated. Funny how he come out now. ALL OF BASEBALL is doing it. Period. This is gonna turn into one heck of a scandal.

htwnbandit, everyday eddie and BigM like this.
  19. phasors28

phasors28 Member

20. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Some of the pitchers are just paranoid AF. No wonder the game taking so long now. When in doubt, just throw one across the face. Nolan and Roger would have done that for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.