1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, Russians Committed Espionage to give the Presidency to Its Stooge, and We're Just Gonna Take It?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I understand the war hawks angle but that's not an excuse to not learn and improve. And of course if we conclusively know what happened, we wouldn't need an investigation. What we do know is that our national security folks said Russia is very likely involved. Now we can stop there and allow a possibility that Russia will again interfere with our future elections or get to the bottom of it and try to prevent future interference. Whatever we learn does not means war, just that we know more. What we do with that is we can make more informed decisions.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seeing the world as black and white again?

I flatly don't support Trump, never have, never will.....but he's going to be the president now, and no temper tantrum is going to change that......and it's not Russia's fault that the DNC picked such a laughably terrible candidate to run against him. Any halfway decent candidate blows Trump completely out of the water.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Two garbage candidates, only one got hacked and leaked by foreign interests by targeting different high level staffers. Keep in mind, her private servers and her staffs official emails did not get leaked, but rather the private accounts of her people.

This is worse than watergate.

I actually think Hillary deserves the bed she made, but the principle and gall of a foreign power doing this pisses me off.

Deckard likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I just don't think it matters WHO hacked the DNC and aired their dirty laundry, I think it matters more that there was so much dirty laundry to be found. Like you said, she made her own bed and if she was a better person it wouldn't have been a problem.....and that's assuming that the leaked information is the reason she lost and I'm not sure that's the case. She came in with a massively high disapproval rating, one dwarfed only by Trump's. On top of that, the email scandal (where she illegally mishandled classified information) had nothing to do with hackers or Russians...that was all her. That alone should have been enough for anyone to decide not to support her.

Also, Hillary spent nearly a billion dollars on her campaign.....seriously can the DNC not get some better security?

5. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

"No evidence" comes from the CNN piece posted in the thread, and nevermind the general public, many on this board, have experience with IT security in government, military, and very large corporations -- it's not the sort of that requires an advanced degree to be an expert in.

There's only so much you can do with Russian IPs to make the stretch to blaming it as an action by a nation-state, especially since cybercriminals and scammers are clustered there. That's why Trump dismissed it as "some 400 pound guy in his bed" without much fanfare. Most of the best, shady IT guys I know in the US, Israel, Netherlands and Germany are Russians too, and I can assure you that they aren't working for the FSB.

You need conclusive evidence to point a finger at the Russian Federation, and it's not there. While no one should give up looking, you can't make that claim to the world, nor can you use it as an excuse for blowing an election. And even if you found it, releasing logs for public consumption would help greatly for the claim to be taken seriously outside the United States of "they have yellowcake uranium, trust us" America, if you get my drift.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't know about you, but I support full and fair transparency with the likes of Snowden or Manning, provided those leaked outlets redact information that represents a personal danger to those on the ground.

So if there were also leaks about the shitshow going on in Trumps backyard or the explicit details between GOP chief Pubis and Trump (chief of staff), then It wouldn't piss me off as much. In the last four months, do you think the lack of a GOP leak carries the assumption that there isn't anything criminal or corrupt to leak?

It's clearly a cynical ploy designed to target and influence votes, which clearly worked in spades by depressing turnout among the lazy, weak minded, or frustrated.

Deckard likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well regardless - Trump is about to sell-out the USA to whomever is going to give him the best BJ.

We all know it. So let it happen. I'll be fine. It's the dumbasses on both the left (who didn't vote) and the right (who voted in ignorance) that will suffer and have only themselves to blame.

The man can't even make it 10 days without his team fighting and installing one guy then changing to another. He's already a mess. Handing out positions like lollipops not based on who is qualified but on who has given him the best bj's over the last few years.

He's putting his kids in charge of national security and fired Christie because he went after his son-in-law's dad.

The are painfully corrupt and haven't even taken the oath. They can't even meet with departments because they are so behind on paperwork.

It's a disaster. Get ready America, Russia and China are going to be having a free for all. Even John McCain sees it and is freaking out. God help us all.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

9. Granville

Granville Member

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Sam fisher is going to invade Russian and defend Murica's honors

Granville likes this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No, unlike pretty much every person, in both parties, not in the Trump camp - I tend to agree with the consensus that Russia is a dangerous threat to American interests and that IT IS NOT OK FOR THEM TO INSTALL THEIR STOOGES IN OUR GOVERNMENT.

I guess you can call it trolling if you want, cause I didn't mention it before - maybe that's because IT IS OBVIOUS THAT THIS IS NOT OK to the point where it's unbelievable to have to even mention it.

Yes..as opposed to the one that is being contemplated?

Did you actually not?

Like do you actually think that US should ally with friendly nations that share democratic values when possible and not repressive, racist despots who actively work to subvert American interests, purposefully bombing hospitals, blowing up civilian airliners, annexing territory etc along the way?

Who is more consistent with American values - as you define them - Putin's Russia or Merkel's Germany?

If you think the answer is the former, then you should be pleased as punch with this eastward turn. If instead you think the US should align with autocrats and divide the globe into spheres of influence, abandoning globalism or wahtever you want ot call it in favor of regional domination by various powers.

Deckard likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, he's totally fine with incompetent officials putting state secrets at risk by using non secure email and by letting people without clearance handle sensitive documents, but Russia leaking DNC secrets? Unforgivable.

14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

You thought the most apt analogy to a benign non-story about emails is one involving a sexual predator?...

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's apt. You wouldn't want someone like that being a school teacher and the story suggests that the Russians exposed reasons why the people didn't want Hillary to be their president. Of course, a good case could be made that Hillary losing had nothing at all to do with Russians hacking the DNC, but I'm not the one suggesting that narrative in the first place, I'm just explaining that even IF that's true, it still doesn't matter.

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Trumpsters are still Hillary-obssessed. She's done, boys. This is about Russia. Focus.

Deckard likes this.
  17. Granville

Granville Member

Sam is on a mission to grab this country by the Pelosi's in a futile effort to restore Liberal order.

18. Granville

Granville Member

How can we trust anyone who gave a speech in RUSSIA ?? Except maybe for Sylvester Stallone in Rocky 4 where he united 2 countries by beating their best in the ring. Why look at this sorry b*stard here giving a speech in Russia....

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Wait, so you prefer the policy of letting a foreign government influence our election? Is this real life?

20. Granville

Granville Member

Sam.... Look at this traitor..