1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Smoothie Blenders. Please Help Me Decide

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A_3PO, Nov 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My wife has been into smoothies for a while and I'm going to upgrade her blender for Christmas. I'm trying to decide between getting a reconditioned Vitamix 5200 or 6300 ($299-349) or buying a less expensive brand for about $150.

I know the Vitamix is incredibly versatile beyond smoothies and my wife is the kind of cook who will explore those and have fun. They are also so powerful you can basically grind a tree stump in them (I exaggerate).

Please educate me. Can I spend $150 and get a great smoothie maker that will last a long time?

2. VanityHalfBlack

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I have a Vitamix 5200 and it's been amazing. I wouldn't get the 6300 unless I needed to make soup.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't offer any other experience but I'm a vitamix fan (g 750). The lady is also a cook and has used the soup function as well as grinding grains. It's just done everything with ease. The price is the obvious downside but considering the multi year warranty and given you actually use it, it's easier to swallow.

5. kemah

kemah Member

lol

Ninja is the way to go. My wife smoothies everything with it.

6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I got a BlendTec and love it

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Which one? Elaborate on it.

8. Asian Sensation

He probably has a Blendtec total blender with wildside jar. It's the most common model. I have it and I LOVE IT.

9. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

my vote is for blentec.. no bullet or ninja blender compares to it..

http://www.blendtec.com/blenders/to...econditioned?gclid=CPHE_sXbocICFasRMwodTw0Axw

cheapest ive seen them, i got mine reconditioned from an authorized distributor with the 8 year warranty..

you cant really go wrong with either tbh.. the pros of not having to use a plunger with the blendtec is what sold me on getting it. the blendtec jar is great, even vitamix made a similar style jar but ultimately they were sued by blendtec for patent infringement and lost. blendtec makes a vitamix compatable jar
    [​IMG]

go watch any comparison videos on youtube, either the blendtec or vitamix always end up being the best blenders..

10. Asian Sensation

^^^^

I got the Blendtec because it's more aesthetically appealing compared to Vitamix. VM is a great blender as well but a plunger? No thanks.

Blendtec in white.. Looks clean and works awesome.

11. dmc89

dmc89 Member

My ex-SO was really into fitness. Since she was over so often she left her blender, Vitamix 750, at my place and she let me keep it. I don't use it that much, yet everything about it screams quality and durability. It's quite big, however cleaning isn't a problem because it does it automatically. If the rest of the brand is like this machine, I vote that you go with Vitamix.

12. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm hoping to get either a Blendtec or Vitamix for Christmas. Can't go wrong with either from what I've heard.

13. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Get the Vitamix. You're not going to miss the extra money a year from now you'll have a blender that won't let you down for more than a decade.

Here's what Test Kitchen says:

[youtube]QZArusuuQrc[/youtube]

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Vitamix.

15. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i enjoyed this demo, they train their reps very well..

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kgZC0U4mWMc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

16. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Like REEKO said, I would recommend a Vitamix (that's what we have), but if you're primarily going to be making smoothies, then I would consider a Blendtec or Ninja. There's a great deal on a Ninja right now for $120 (regular price is about $200):

Link

1 person likes this.
  17. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Having a Vitamix for over a year now and using it almost every day That's what I would recommend. If you are looking to save money then the refurbished models are still like new and the warranty is pretty much the same as new one. You can easily find promo codes for free shipping as well. Blendtec is comparable, but it is a digital interface and I personally don't like that on a blender.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sold! Thanks for the link. Couldn't pass on this for only $119.00. The price for that kind of power is almost remorse-proof. Turn's out my wife's sister has a less powerful Ninja that she loves and when I mentioned 1500W, 2.5HP for $119.00 she said it was a slam dunk. After a lot of research, it was going to be either Vitamix, Blendtec of Ninja because they are proven reliable and durable.

Thanks everybody. Merry Christmas.

Happy wife = Happy life!

19. Asian Sensation

You're making a mistake. A ninja is a steaming pile of crap. Get the Blendtec or Vitamix.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Blendtec is clearly the best. It have the best design, no fiddling with it when working (plunger?) and preprogrammed settings. 4 inch flat blade smooths out anything.

The ninja has an older "sharp type" blade. It will be better than a walmart blender but won't do anything to fibrous veg.