1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Smeg's Fantasy Football 2009-2010 Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Smeg took P. Hillis............if that is ok with Moe?

2. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Thanks for stating the obvious................ :p

Top be honest, I am not overly excited about my team, it is what it is. The only thing I would say is that I've made it known my thoughts on defensive players and kickers for that matter. I change these guys on my roster throughout the season more than I do my own socks, only 1 DP was on my roster all season - so there not a big focus on my draft.

As for your team, my parents taught me if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.....

So my evaluation of your team: ...................................(silence).............................................................. :p :D :p

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Samuel - Boldin still finished 8th in WR pts despite missing 4 games thanks to that vicious hit vs the Jets. Extrapolate those numbers out and he's right there with Fitz as the tops in the league. Its no secret Warner looks for Boldin more in the end zone, (I had Fitzgerald last season, I should know)
    Hopefully he stays on the field. I'm banking big on McFadden this year too and with good reason. Like Asomugha, He's was too good to be on such a terrible team. Most of the experts I've seen think DMC will have a good year, don't let those games down the stretch last year fool you... he had turf toe and was running at half speed at most.

lol rimmy you're impressive drafting a glorified punt returner.

Higgins' hands have been so bad in camp he's about to be dumped to 4th string now that the walking injury Javon Walker is back in practice. :p

Schilens might have had a shot at fantasy value, but I doubt any Raider Receiver will now. Louis Murphy the 4th round pick is the new #1.

#283 moestavern19, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  4. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is not a glorified punt returner, Moe, he IS a punt returner. I am expecting him to be like an old school late round pick for me years ago - when Dante Hall set the league afire with his crazy mad skillz. Also like Hall, Higgins has all the tools to become a pro bowl receiver. Any Raiders fan should know that. He will be just like Hall - an amazing returner first and then an all pro receiver...only he will do both at the same time this season. You will cry. So will Al Davis because he will be confused and scared with all of those TD's scored.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Welp.

You can't argue with logic?

6. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

And Jackson's running behind a better o-line this season and per-game had as many fantasy points as AD. He and Boldin are high risk, high reward players. Either one of them might get banged up again, we'll see.

McFadden though... where was the spark? Running back isn't a difficult position to play, and usually if you've got "it" then it's on display early on in a RB's career. Other than the game at Arrowhead, against a terrible run defense, he was a non-factor all season. In his other games combined he averaged 3.6 ypc, which just doesn't get it done. He's splitting carries with Fargas and Bush, running behind a bad line, on a team with no receiving threats so every defense will throw 8 men in the box. And they'll be playing from behind most of the season, limiting the rushing attempts. I just don't see it.

#286 SamCassell, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I've seen the spark plenty of times. The Raiders line may not be able to protect Jamarcus but they are actually a fairly decent run-blocking unit.

I'll stick to the excuse that he was pretty banged up because by all accounts he's been a revelation in camp and in preseason both this year and last. Turf Toe is a hard injury, if you play... it won't heal. If you let it heal, you'll miss most of the season. He doesn't go Reggie Bush and dance around the line either, he hits the gap about as quick as anyone I've ever seen.

We'll just have to see.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

LOUD NOISES!!!

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Oh, and don't even bother with my team.

Suck.

Suck.

Suck.

Suck.

Suck.

Suck.

Suck.

Suck.

Suck.

Suck.

Suck.

So duh.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Nothing like some good-natured critiquing of drafts to get those competitive juices flowing.

You guys were acting like I just came out of your mother's bedroom half naked at 7 AM.

I'm gunning for that number one spot.

11. Rocketball

Supporting Member

There goes that peaceful, sweet dreams sleep I was hoping for................. :mad:

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Don't worry Sonny Boy, I'll be in to tuck you in. :cool:

13. Rocketball

Supporting Member

That restraining order is in effect till 2025.................

sorry to interrupt your current program, but we have an announcement to make: Fade took Joe Flacco, nWo is up (will we wait another 4 hours?)

Now back to your regular scheduled program:

Moe you have serious issues.................

14. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

cool, solves that mystery

15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I took Gary Brackett and Hakeem Nicks.

16. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Deangelo "sexy pick" Hall.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You really do know how to get the job done.

18. rimbaud

Supporting Member

You mean the mystery of good looks? Understandable.

19. thametall89

thametall89 Member

took glen coffee

20. rimbaud

Supporting Member

Eric Barton, LB