1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Smeg's Fantasy Football 2009-2010 Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2009-2010 Clutchfans `Smeg` Fantasy Footy Season!!!!!!!!

Website is set-up: Smeg Fantasy Footy

Draft will start August 15th at 8:00AM, there will be eight hours between picks, at least for the first 10 rounds. If need be to speed things up, we may move to four hours between picks, from round 11 till we finish at round 20.

IMPORTANT: If you will be away from the draft for a period of time, leave someone a list.

Lineup: QB, RB, WR, TE, PK, 3UT, DL, LB, DB, 2DP.

Draft order:
    It was determined by using the Draft Order Generator at FFToolbox.com, here is the link for the results.

1 - PSJ
    2 - Moes
    3 - Rook
    4 - Matt
    5 - Sam
    6 - Rimmy
    7 - Smeg
    8 - Jent
    9 - Longhorn
    10 - Fade
    11 - nWo34
    12 - Greek

Let me know if you want to see any additional rule changes, we did add pass defense to the defensive players scoring. Any changes need to be done and agreed upon prior to start of draft.

Good Luck and lets have a fun draft!!!!!!!!

(Smeg, its your league, so I'll send you all the league passwords so you can help with admin stuff)

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

#2 pick? Put me down for Jamarcus!

Just win Baby!

3. Rocketball

Supporting Member

I am always having to fix your typos.......... :p

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I wonder if Adrian Peterson will fall to me at #10? Hmmmmmm....

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Felix Jones will be there probably. Possibly Jason Witten.

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

nWo meltdown in 3...2....

7. fadeaway

Witten is dreamy, no doubt. Too bad I've sworn off Cowboys.

What's the trendy team going into this year? Cardinals? Saints? Falcons? I need a basket for all my eggs.

Texans?

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Gotta be the Chiefs.

9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Nothing new. Always get screwed for draft order.

10. LonghornFan

Me too, but I don't really care. I suck at the football, so it's all good.

11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Well, at least we're good at being commissioners... :)

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think it would be a good idea if we all put our contact info here on the first page, for purposes of leaving lists with available persons.

goldbricker@gmail.com

I'm usually reachable any time during the course of the day. 7 AM through Midnight CST.

13. Rocketball

Supporting Member

I want to remind everyone, and I will again on Friday, but the draft will officially start next Saturday at 8AM CDT, with PSJ on the clock. To help get you already I went ahead and put together something for all of you to help you prepare for the draft.

My top 10 advice for a great draft:

10. PSJ, quit dusting off those 1986 fantasy football magazines every year to prepare for the draft, and print some new ones off of www.thereisalwaysnextyear.com.
    9. Smeg, Australian football and the NFL are different, it is not important to grab a stud kicker in the first two rounds.
    8. nWo don’t think you are always getting the short end of the straw when it comes to draft order as a crutch for your team, think of it as a built in excuse for you.
    7. I want to apologize to my first round pick on his upcoming season ending injury, but it’s part of the game………..sorry Tony Romo.
    6. Greek it is advisable to grab big names in the first few rounds, but you need to stay away from those big names that also qualify for the senior slam discount at Denny’s.
    5. Jent it is time to step outside your comfort zone and send a list if you are going to be away for awhile, if nothing else it allows the rest of us to know which players we should avoid.
    4. Sam you should use the same strategy you used in baseball where you drafted just pitchers as that has proven to be successful there………… think tight ends.
    3. Fade, unlike last year we will not force you to draft cowgirls in the first five rounds, you can pick someone from another team.
    2. Rimmy being your first time, it is important to remember defense plays a huge role in this league, no shame in grabbing a top DB in the first two rounds – you will be the only one laughing at the end of the season.
    1. This is the Year of the Dog….therefore the sleeper of the year is Michael Vick.

Lastly, I want to thank Moe for sponsoring this year’s Toilet Bowl…….only fitting since his season usually flushes in that direction by week 4.

Good luck everyone, let's have fun this year!!!!!!!!!!

14. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

i can be contacted via smeggysmeg at gmail dot com

rook and fade - do you guys have my work email, if not will send thru, can check fairly regularly, but just in case will use lists in case i my picks come up during my night/sleeping time

15. fadeaway

Is that the mitchamcouncil address? If so, yes I have it.

I'm lucky enough to have a job which allows me to receive and make picks pretty much all day, so I can accept lists from anybody between about 7 am to 9 pm EST. My e-mail address is on my team page of the league website.

Also, my pick is toward the bottom end of the round. I know that matters to some people who like to send lists to those at the opposite end of the draft.

16. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Draft starts Saturday and It appears Jent will not be able to play, so we need a substitute - hopefully I can find one.

Anyways remember the draft starts Saturday at 8AM!

17. LonghornFan

Eat ballz guys. I wasn't ragged on which means Rook must be afraid of the LF. :)

18. Rocketball

Supporting Member

A little bit afraid...........

On top of that, in the baseball league your slowly catching up to me, so I don't want to upset you and give you more motivation............

19. fadeaway

How come jent is out? He's been a mainstay for years.

20. Rocketball

Supporting Member

I sent you an email about it along with the league password, to help out during the draft. Let me know if you got it.

But Jent just started a new job and therefore won't have the time, especially during the draft - will definitely be back next year. I didn't ask, but we may possibly be able to draft for him........