1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sleeves why?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PJ86, Sep 15, 2015.

1. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Seriously, you can still fit your dumb ass logos for sponsors on the jerseys as they are right now, so why the **** shove these crazy tight things on players in a sport where it will never be standard??? You don't see freaking FIFA going with basketball / tennis jerseys for the World Cup all of a sudden or Champions League or whatever...

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

So they can sell jerseys. No one wants to buy and wear basketball jerseys. Compare how many you see around town vs nfl. They have to have them on the court to sell them.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yes.

I wouldn't buy them either way, but in general sleeved jerseys will probably sell better.

4. PJ86

PJ86 Member

A tight jersey like that? There's only muscular guys who could pull those off properly and then still the NFL & NHL jerseys look better, we can all agree on that at least right?

Since I don't live in the states, have you actually seen loads of people wear these or is there any sign that these jerseys are sold like crazy?

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, why?

[​IMG]

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I remember reading something saying this was more of an Adidas thing and not because of the league needing space for ads...expect them gone, once Nike takes over......not sure how true it is though.

7. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Now that would be good news!

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I've never seen anyone rock a sleeved jersey that I can recall

9. awc713

awc713 Member

Sales. Thats all there is to it.

People are more likely to wear sleeved tops than non-sleeved tops.

10. Ns575

Ns575 Member

you make alot of threads with questions that can be answered in assorted threads

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I can't imagine TIGHT sleeved jerseys will appear to the average fan more so than tank tops. The average American would look equally ridiculous in both. Now if they made sleeved jerseys that had a roomier cut, then that would be something people might rock out in public.

The irony of this all is the NBA players seems to be the most fashion conscious of all sport's athletes - yet they have the worst jerseys.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I would wear a Jersey in public, not sure about those sleeve things tbh

I mean if I want to wear a non jersey team item I would just wear a Rockets tshirt, why would I go out wearing a skin tight short sleeve like I'm ready to do grappling

13. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Like tee shirts that sell for $20-$30 but look like what the players wear and the average American could wear around the house or to the mall?

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I'm surebtheyvare right because the players have muscles. if it was on a regular person, it wouldn't be at tight unless you gontonthe gym

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Now there's an example of a successfully run organization that everyone should strive to emulate.

16. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

The styles don't mesh with the concept of the jerseys. If they made them more like soccer unis then I would be more inclined to wear one. When I decide not to wear a jersey, I don't wear it because I don't think they aren't stylish. Slapping on some sleeves are not going to change that. They introduced them two seasons ago and they are widely hated. This has to be one of the most poorly executed jersey overhauls that I can ever remember. Sleeves or not you look like are probably going to look like a dork unless you are out watching the game, at the game or its playoff time.

Give me a sleeved jersey that looks like this and I will wear one. Just keep the ads off. I am all for keeping them sleeveless but if you are going to go with sleeves then make them look good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anything but this. It is like they aren't even trying to make them look good.

[​IMG]

When does Nike take over again?

17. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I don't think they sell better than no sleeve jerseys.. I have yet to see someone wear a sleeved jersey, but see plenty of the no sleeve.
    I too hate the sleeves, I just don't understand the concept. I really hate it!!!
    start a petition someone, I'm sure the vast majority of basketball fans hate seeing sleeves on jerseys.

18. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

They don't sell because they are ugly. They thought that if they just made people feel like they could wear the same thing that the players on the court were wearing then they would sell. They added sleeves so the non fit people would wear them and also so you could wear them to the store without your nipples feeling a breeze. I completely understand and actually like the boardroom idea but the execution of this concept has been completely pitiful.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's so surprising too after the stellar roll-out of the synthetic ball.

20. PJ86

PJ86 Member

They are all basically tight jerseys with sleeved added to them, it's never just a shirt by itself. The sleeves are always different, they have some line to make it look like a jersey still (just look at our silver alternates) which does not make sense.