1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Sky's the limit for Clint Capela"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spacemoth, Apr 20, 2018.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he doesn't have those kind of hands. there's like 0 touch on every non-dunk shot he takes. it looks like he's just throwing the ball at the basket instead of shooting it. I think he'll always be limited to dunking. the good news is he has great hands for catching the ball. games him a PnR and lob threat.

what I'd like to see him improve is finishing through contact. if you can only dunk, you better be able to dunk on people. not just when they're out of position. I think part of that is adding muscle, and there's a catch to that. adding muscle means adding weight which usually means losing speed and agility. he routinely attacks opposing centers with his speed, outrunning them down the court for a fast break bucket. he uses his agility to slip the PnR and to play switching defense. I don't know any other center who's as fast/agile and uses it to maximum advantage on both ends like Clint does. its what makes him unique and impactful. I would hesitate to ask him to give some of that up.

da_juice, Houtho, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  2. csc177

csc177 Member

Evidently Clint has a developed a handle and a three point shot based on his IG account.

The sky is the limit for him he just needs more of that dog mentality - hopefully Westbrook wears off on him.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Their defensive scheme was mastery. It started with Draymond being able to step up and check the ball while still getting back to close off the lob threat to capela. That’s DPOY stuff. Igoudala would also sneak in from the weakside to clog the paint and the other defenders would rotate. They’ve got to have another base play this year, something to counter the defense of a 7 game series. A pick n pop threat would’ve been huge.

Draymond is an unbelievable defender.

da_juice likes this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

Looney gave him fits as well

BaselineFade likes this.
  5. GottaHaveHeart

All that matters is the “W” and CC clearly outplays those two because of his motor and activity, who cares about assists not CC forte

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  6. biff17

biff17 Member

Clint has great touch around the basket, IMO he relies on that touch too much sometimes and tries to finesse it.

i could definitely see him getting a baby hook as he further develops.

7. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I guess, Draymond’s defense is what cut his impact ability off though. Looney just hustled.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

hope so but it always looks like he has no touch. i don't think you can teach touch. he's got great mechanics on his Ft shooting due to his hard work and practice, but he still has no touch there. he's improved there, but with his form he should be shooting a much higher %.

its weird because he's got great hands when catching the ball. usually those two skills go together.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Actually, Yao was 8 inches closer to it.

#110 topfive, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    rockbox and daywalker02 like this.
  11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

If only Capela could dunk through contact more often like a DeAndre, his game would be infinitely better.

Too often, he's going for the finesse layup and it misses or gets blocked.

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harden's game will age well because he doesn't rely so much on natural athleticism to score or play

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

At Capela's age, DeAndre wasn't doing that. Got to build that muscle and Capela is shorter than Jordan but he is a better player

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He better watch his cholesterol as he gets older.

cuz he's FAT

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

He isn't fat. Are you one of those guys that think people with big frames are fat just because they look fat ?

16. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

True. DeAndre worked his tail off to add muscle and become a dominant force down low. He was skin and bones coming out of college. If there’s one thing I’d like to see from Capela, it’s to add more muscle to his skinny frame. He’s pretty athletic but when he’s up against stronger players he gets pushed around in the paint.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I wish capela had never added any muscle in nba ....his athleticsm was way batter back then when he started...

Dankstronaut likes this.
  18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance